Singing Ghosts

since coming back from the dead Jason can see and speak to spirits. They never have anything useful to say so he never brings it up. Damian just wonders why more people talk to him out in the street. He's clueless.  

There are things people forget to tell you when you come back to life after you've died. For example; you can now see and talk to spirits. Which was only useful if you were interested in the supernatural, other than that Jason thought of it as a burden. Every day when he was walking down the streets of Gotham or of any other city some spirit would go up to him and talk about their day. Usually, it was some old guy but ever since he came back to Gotham a kid about 13 years old began to talk to him. Since they really didn't tell him anything useful he would just ignore them until he crashed into them during patrol singing Toxic by Britney Spears. But that's his little secret.

When Damian came back from the dead, oh boy. He was extremely confused as to why people would suddenly come up to him and talk about the weather. If they asked him a question he wouldn't answer because he once did and he got weird looks from people. So he just stayed quiet and never told anyone.

But today during patrol he caught Jason singing with you. That was weird because last time someone checked up on him he was by himself, not with you.

"TT, Todd putting off patrol is very irresponsible of you," Damian said approaching his brother and the stranger. Jason stopped singing and looked at you before turning towards Damian.

"I don't know what you mean little brother."

"I could hear your horrendous singing two blocks away."

"Woah, my singing is not 'horrendous! You should go get your ears checked!" you shouted at Damian. It's not like he could hear you right?

"I stand by my word."

Now you were quiet. He could see you. He isn't supposed to do that.

"You can see me?" you asked him. Jason was just as confused as you until he remembered Damian had died too.

"Of course I can see you, why wouldn't I be able to?"

"Well, um, Damian, she's dead."

"That's impossible, they are standing right next to you," He declared.

"Don't believe him look up my name in the GCPD case files, y/n l/n. I was murdered two years ago."

Damian shook his head in disbelief and grappled away. He wasn't going to just stand there and listen to your lies. You turned towards Jay and shrugged your shoulders. This was basically just another Tuesday for you.

Right after you went back 'home' Jason went to the cave to check on Damian. When he arrived he found him looking over your case file. You had been telling the truth.

"The police department hasn't caught her killer yet," Jay said taking the file from Damian. Damian leaned back into the chair and looked up at his brother.

"So does this mean that I can see spirits?" Damian asked. Jason nodded and closed your file and put it away.

"Don't worry about it. You'll get used to it after a while."

Damian sighed and got off the chair and began to walk towards his motorcycle. "Where are you going now?"

"We have a killer to catch."