Meeting the Family

Requested on Tumblr: I was just curious, could you please do Jason with an Australian reader? And batfam meeting the snarky/sassy reader for the first time? Because of jet lag, the reader's accent and Aussie slang is hard to understand but Jason can understand it since he's around them more. 

a/n: So much research went into this. If you don't have siblings now you do. The part where the reader meets the batfam was changed because the slang confused me a ton while writing. Also if I don't post the second part of 'I hate you, I love you' in the next two days be prepared for some angst.

"Who here knew that Jason Todd, the infamous Red Hood, has a girlfriend?" Tim said bursting into the cave with his phone opened on Snapchat.

"Oh, y/n, yeah we knew about her," Dick said casually.

"Right aren't they supposed to be in Gotham by now?" Steph added.

"I heard she's from Australia," Damian said while petting Batcow.

"And no one thought to tell me?"

"No," they all said in unison. Tim sighed and walked to the computer to look you up. Not like he's going to find anything incriminating. 

---------

Jason and you were on a taxi going up to Wayne Manor. You were nervous, it was your first time meeting your boyfriend's family (besides Alfred and Bruce) and you didn't want to mess this up.

"Doll," Jason said taking your hands into his, "Calm down. They'll love you."

"How are you so sure?" you asked.

"If you could survive Alfred and Bruce you can survive a few hyperactive idiots," he assured you. 

"I hope so," you sighed.

After a few minutes of sitting comfortably in silence, you arrived at Wayne Manor and your anxiety spiked up. Jason noticed this and hugged you. "Doll, if they do anything stupid I'll stab them myself."

"Don't stab your brother's Jason," You said burying your face into his chest.

"Whatever you say."

Jason broke the hug apart and took your hand and walked you up to the door. Before he could knock someone opened the door.

"Good morning Master Jason, Miss y/n," Alfred greeted.

"Good morning Alfred," you greeted as Jason sighed.

"I take it they all know?" Jason asked.

"Indeed, they are waiting in Master Bruce's study."

You and Jason walked in as Alfred directed you to Bruce's study. You clung onto Jason's arms afraid of him leaving you alone with his family. Right before you entered the room, Jason pulled you to side.

"Okay, I can tell you're extremely nervous so how about we make a bet?"

"What?"

"Okay, so if you manage to get along with them and survive for a whole hour I'll finally try the vegemite. If we leave early we do whatever I can come up with? Okay?"

You agreed not only because you wanted to see Jason's expression after trying vegemite but because you two were extremely competitive.

Now to meet the family.

- You had already met Bruce so that was fine

- Damian was the first one to go greet you

- I mean the kid asked you fifty thousand questions, all of them mostly involved kangaroos because you know stereotypes

- He just really wanted a roo

- Next up was Dick who was VERY excited to meet you

- He asked you lots of personal questions and the only way Jason managed to stop him was by bringing in the topic of the 'Drop bear' which caught Damian's interest.

- Next was Tim, he had already searched you up so you two really didn't talk at all

- Cass, Steph, and Duke introduced themselves at the time it was cute

- But apparently, you and Steph had alright met online which was funny

- Duke asked you about the culture in Australia

- During all of the conversations, Jason had to be a translator cause no one could understand you every time you used slang

- Jet lag did wonders to your accent  

- It was funny

- Cass was the only one (Besides Jason) who could understand you

- After you guys left (three hours later) Steph, Duke, and Damian made it their goal in life to learn Australian slang

----------

"I don't want to do this," Jason said pushing the dinner plate in your hands away.

"You lost now eat it."

Jason hesitantly took the plate from you and studied the piece of toast. "Why on toast?"

"It'll taste better trust me."
Jason looked at you then at the toast. You were trying to keep a straight face but honestly, you couldn't. "Can we please not do this?"

"Jason!"

"Okay fine!"

He glared at the toast then quickly took a bite out of it.

"Well?"

"............It's not that bad. Why does everyone say it taste's bad?"

"Cause everyone eats a freaking spoonful like its Nutella when you're not supposed to."

"Oh, can I have some more?"