A Little O.D.D Pt. 2

a/n: Did you really think I would leave you guys with a cliffhanger??!?!?!?!??! I honestly think I'm going to disappoint you guys. 

If looks could kill and if the ceiling were alive, it would be dead by now. Ever since you moved to Gotham your whole life was based off lies and secrets. And just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, your mom turns up from the dead.

Right after the press conference confirming your mother's well being you locked yourself in your room. You saw your mom die, you saw the car explode. And all this time it was a lie? What else was a lie? Your existence?

The worst part was that everyone thought you knew. Everyone thought you were part of this... scam, joke, whatever it was. Nobody thought to tell you anything. Now you don't know who to believe or trust. 

  You wiped the tears off your face and sat up from the bed. You glanced at your clock and realized you had been locked in your room for a while. You had two options, stay in your room and ignore everyone's existence or go out and deal with this. Honestly, those options suck. Joining a cult sounds way better right now.  

The annoying sound of knocking interrupted your thoughts. You snapped back into reality and walked towards the door and yanked it open.

"Miss Y/N, Master Bruce would like to have a word with you in his study," Alfred said. You sighed and walked out into the hall, closing the bedroom door behind you. 

"Should I be worried?" You asked the butler. He looked at you sympathetically and lead you to your 'father's study.

"I wouldn't know Miss."

You sighed nervously and followed Alfred. The walk to the study seemed to take forever although it was short. Random thoughts ran through your mind about what would happen. So many outcomes and all of them were bad. Would he send you to jail? Would he disown you? 

When you arrived at the study you felt your heart beat faster than normal. You were nervous. You slowly opened the door and entered the room, your gaze stuck on the floor not wanting to look at your father. 

"You wanted to see me, sir," you said.

"y/n we need to talk," he responded, shuffling some papers on his desk. "take a seat, please."

"No shit..." you whispered. You walked to the nearest chair and sat down still looking at the ground. Bruce sighed and leaned towards you.

"n/n I need you, to be honest with me. Did you or did you not what your mother was planning?"

You looked up and glared at him, "If I knew I wouldn't even agree with the plan. If I knew I wouldn't be here. If I knew we wouldn't be having this conversation wouldn't we?"

Bruce leaned back and pinched the bridge of his nose before responding, "You're right. Sorry."

"Don't be. She played us all," you said whispering the last part. The part about you not knowing was true, you were a terrible liar.

"Did you know why?" He asked you. 

You shook your head no and crossed your arms waiting for an explanation. Your gaze went over to his desk as he pulled out a USB drive and plugged it into his computer. You got off the chair and walked next to him as he opened the only file in the drive. A video popped up, Bruce got out of the way and let you press play. 

The video started in the living room of your childhood home, your mom was sitting on the couch holding the same USB drive that was plugged into the computer this moment. She fixed the camera's position before starting, "My dear, sweet n/n. If you're seeing this you're most likely at your dad's houses. I want you to know that... that if you do get this video it's most likely because I was killed or something bad happened and I can't be with you. Either way, I want to let you know that you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. I did some stupid and crazy things before I had you, and some of those things was getting involved in something that could get you killed you. If by chance I do go back to you and you hate me... I understand. I hope you're doing fine and I... I pray I'll get to see you soon sweetie." 

You closed out the video and stared at the computer screen. She gave you more questions than answers.

"y/n?"

"What...What 'things' was she referring to?" you asked.

"Your mom was involved in a secret government organization. That's how we met. After we started dating she left the organization. She left that part of her life behind forgetting about her enemies," he answered taking the USB drive that somehow ended up in your hand.

You took a shaky breath and wiped the tears on your face away, "What's the... the organization's name?"

"I can't tell you, but what I can tell you is that your mom is fine. She just has to stay low for a while."

You nodded and made your way to the door. Just before you opened the door you looked over your shoulder and said, "Thanks for showing me the video, dad."

You left the study before he could respond. You smiled knowing that at least you got some closure. Instead of going back to your room you decided to go get some payback on a sleeping Damian.

"Hey, short stack! Rise and sun!"

{The End]