EPILOGUE.

it's been a few months since jimin had left to chicago. though i hate to say, i really missed him. occasionally, he would send me emails on how he's doing, but most of them were mainly about concerns of reni and how she's coping recently.

turns out, moving to chicago was a great idea. a few weeks after he arrived, he had met with a beautiful woman who guided him in that foreign world. apparently, he's experiencing a new love once again.

just like a butterfly which had just spread its wings.

and it seems as though she has the heart eyes for him too.

i smile to myself, adjusting my suit.

"jungkook!" reni yells out, walking in with a properly ironed dark blue tie. "geez, what will you do without me?"

"are you that worried about me?" i grin, glancing at her trying to help me put on my tie.

ever since the day jimin left, we're pretty much closer together than before.

well, technically, i wasn't even sure if the title, 'lovers' would be suitable for the both of us.

after that totally random pick - up line i blurted to her at the spur of the moment, things had became quite awkward for the both of us.

i mean. i was absolutely insane was i not? she was literally trying her utmost best to process that jimin was leaving her and all of a sudden i gave her a damn pick - up line?

she won't be human if she didn't feel uncomfortable at all.

gosh.

i guess spending too much time on the internet to search up pick - up lines seem to be the worst option an individual can do with their life.

but it's strange, really.

how at one point of time in our life, our hatred for each other was so strong till the point of killing each other won't even seem like a bad thing to do. in any case, it'll feel like you were doing the right thing. but the next, almost every single thing she did made my heart thump wildly, as if it would jump out of my chest any moment.

she just makes me feel warm and fuzzy. around her, i felt like home. i felt like i could just be who i want to be, no mask, no anything.

as if it was actually possible to escape from reality, into ecstasy. just the both of us, in our own bubble that no one or anything can interfere.

she just makes me feel things, you know?

"you're a really dangerous woman, you know that?" i look away, hoping my ears won't turn red.

she laughs, "dangerous how?"

"well.." i trailed off.

"your charms can make any men on earth fall in love with you."

i gulp, knowing that she's looking directly at my side profile but i kept myself busy by looking at the various paintings scattered around my room.

"you ears are turning red, kookie." she gave me a slight flick on the forehead.

my hands clench into a fist.

"hello. cupid called. he wants to tell you that he needs my heart back,"

her cheeks flushed red, "yah!"

"for god's sake kook, stop fooling around. today's the most important day of your life. you're going to be a ceo soon,"

"well, i guess i'm your ceo then." i smiled.

she punched me on the shoulders, her eyes rolling backwards in amusement.

i stared at her.

her eyes were mesmirising, with a pair of big bright brown eyes that looks as though it was just a newborn baby, filled with curiousity but still, it had a hint of fire in it. how strong she was, it was clearly evident.

i guess it's true when they say that the eyes were the window to your soul.

she was beautiful.

i gritted my teeth, feeling my entire face hearing up the more i stared at her.

she tilts her head to the side, "yes?"

and that was it.

i pulled her towards me, clenching tightly onto her, not wanting to ever let go.

"i know. i know that i don't deserve you, how i treated you like you were a piece of garbage and caused you to feel worthless and pathetic. i'm sorry, reni. for all the times which i had brought tears to your eyes, made you feel like you were nothing, caused you to feel so badly about something you've never done. i'm sorry," i bite into my lips harshly, my hands shaking.

"but i love you. it's your fault, you stupid girl. you made me feel things which i had never experience before. you saw me for who i am. not because i'm the son of the Jeon Cooperation, not because i'm the perfect prince, but because i am jeon jungkook."

i got down on one knee, her eyes widening.

"will you be my girlfriend?"

OFFICIAL fin.

-