46

jungkook.

i knock softly on the door, slowly opening it, i tiptoed inside. "breakfast is ready,"

she immediately sat up, her eyes closed. "yah, how am i supposed to eat when i am practically half dead?"

"well, try to. i spent a lot of effort making this you know?" i place the cutlery on her hands.

"just let me wash up fir-"

i shove a bread into her mouth, "eat."

"my breath stinks, dear sir." she retorts before munching onto it.

"it's delicious? ofcourse it is," i clap my hands, approving my own dish before standing up.

"ah.." i glance towards her.

"jimin is moving abroad,"

she froze in silence, unable to comprehend what exactly was going on as i sigh softly to myself.

"i was shocked too," i scratch the back of my neck. "it was so.. sudden. out of nowhere he declared to move to chicago for further studies,"

she grip tightly onto her cutleries, "what time is his flight?"

"i think in an hour's ti-"

"RENI!" i shout alarmingly, watching her put on her coat in a hurry before dashing downstairs.

i trailed behind her, "he's boarding the 8am flight.. we still have 45 more minutes. we won't mak-"

"try me,"

i shrieked, "YAH! YAH! YAH! YOU'RE GOING OVER THE SPEED LIMIT!"

she grinned, "put on the seatbelts, lover boy. i ain't stopping for no one."

i hold back a smile.

i knew she'll act this way.

maybe.

maybe this was one of the reasons why park jimin fell in love with her.

throughout the ride, it was mainly me trying my best not to puke out all my internal organs but other than that, it was fine.

"we still have 15 more minutes, reni." i huffed. "you're running too fa-"

before i could continue on, she dashed right into the oh-so-familiar figure.

"ren-" jimin begins.

"WHY DID YOU SLAP ME?" he whines, caressing his cheeks. "it hurts."

"you stupid ugly son of a burnt chicken nugget that nobody wants to eat, how could you leave without telling me? me of all people you told that guy!" she points towards me, in which i just silently waved.

jimin looks at me with a betrayed look in his eyes, but i only grin.

i know he couldn't bear to leave her.

at the very least, they deserve to see each other off.

"reni i-" jimin tried to explain, but reni didn't let him, she only hugged him tightly.

"how could you leave me?"

his face flushed bright red, before pushing her away.

"stop it," he grits his teeth. "stop doing this to me."

oh god.

"what?" reni replied, confused.

"do you know how much i wanted to forget about you? how much it hurts whenever you and him were together, laughing away as if my existence was pure shit?" he starts.

i glance at the clock.

7 more minutes.

"what are you say-"

"shut up, shut up, shut up." he ruffled his hands through his hair. "i'm not falling for this again, stop it. stop playing around with my feelings, i'm human too, reni. how can you act so oblivious to the way i feel about you?"

"jimin i-"

"i loved you," he choked on his sob. my eyes widen. "i loved you so fucking much it hurts, reni. can't you tell? i've always loved you ever since we were little. but you didn't notice. you never did. you were always in your own little world, always smiling happily to yourself and forgetting all about me."

i walked slowly towards the both of them, unsure of what to do.

4 minutes left.

"didn't you say it was a pra-"

he starts to laugh, "did you think my confession was a prank? did you really think that? or were you actually trying to make yourself think that very fact itself wasn't true. because it would mess up your life, your easygoing happy-go-lucky life. all you could ever see in the both of us  are friends. fucking friends that will never be together even if we reincarnated as many times as it could take."

his tears starts to drip, but he still forced out a smile. "i'm going to chicago, reni. not because i want to continue on further studies, but because i want to forget about you. you've already hurt me more than enough, i'm tired. so, so, tired. goodbye,"

he turns around, tears sliding down his cheeks before walking away. his hands closed into a fist.

and that was the moment she broke down.

falling to her knees, she cried. shouting for him to come back, she knew, i know she knew that she didn't deserve to say that. that she didn't deserve him.

but she couldn't help it.

they were best friends once upon a time afterall.

i crouch down, pulling her into a tight hug. "it's alright, there, there.. this is probably for the best of both of you."

"i-i'm sorry!" she cried out, but i only pulled her tighter towards me.

"it's time to let go, reni. i'm sure he'll find another woman whom he'll love as much as he loves you," i say.

"but before that," i cupped her face with my hands.

"are you german? becuase i want to be gerMAN."

fin.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

A / N ;

anddddd that's the end of
INSTAGRAM.

well i can tell you that i'm a shitty writer and this ending was pretty rushed but yolo amirite.

[ APPRECIATION ]

i know ... i know this story
has a lot of loose ends and
weird + crazily messed up
plotline. but i really want
to thank the readers whom
have stayed with me through
this long journey, words cannot
even express how much joy i
receive whenever i read your
comments. it moticated me,
and i'm just really grateful for that.

lastly,

I PURPLE YOU ALL. 💜