44

+reni

that night was absolutely horrid. the most productive thing i did the entire day ever since that morning was stare out the window for ten minutes straight ( i mean, looking at nature is good you know? ) he filled up my mind the entire day, to his tear-stained face and his weak attempt to grasp my shoulders all made me think about him.

i glance towards my fingers, inching for his touch and embrace but i can't, afterall, i'm the last hope aunty and uncle has of a splitting image of their beloved daughter. what exactly would've happened if it came out as me having feelings for their son?

it's all going too fast, i thought. how one moment i was so disgusted and pissed off at his very existence and the next, head over heels for him. my emotions are all over the place.. and the fact that my own best friend confessed to me makes it all worse.

never in my life would i have thought that the park jimin would be in love with someone like me. i mean, i can't seem to imagine it, you know? it just doesn't seem right.

i stood up, peeking out the door to ensure that there was no signs of jungkook before heading towards the kitchen for a cold glass of milk.

"what are you doing?"

i choked on the liquid immediately, spinning around. "um, drinking milk?"

"at 3am?" he chuckles, "wonderful."

i roll my eyes, "why, can't i?"

he moves forward, and i, instinctively moved backwards until i hit the kictchen counter. his face moves closer, and at this point, i can even hear our breaths mixed together as one. my heartbeat accelerates, my toes curled up as i shut my eyes close, waiting for whatever there is to come, actually comes.

his fingers move swiftly across the corner of my mouth as i blink.

"what? there's milk on your face," he says. jokingly, he added. "did you think i was going to kiss you?"

my cheeks flush a bright red, causing him to widen his eyes in surprise. "w-why would i?!"

"i-"

before he could complete his sentence, i had already slam my doors. hugging my knees towards my body, i hit my head as hard as i could.

how could you be so insanely stupid? did you honestly think that he would do that to you? don't be ridiculous.

-

the next morning was a total dread. not only were my eyebags thrice as noticeable, i overslept and didn't even had time to wash my hair. and to make it even better, our trip to school was incredibly awkward. his eyes constantly peek towards the rear-view mirror so much today that i had no choice but to avoid eye contact and pretend to read a god damn book.

"so, about yesterday..." he finally spoke.

i look up, pretending to be unstirred. "yeah, what about it?"

"were you really hoping for me to kis-" he starts.

"no!" i say, almost too defensive. clearing my throat, i added. "you do know how easily i get embarassed and what you did yesterday caused a wave of emotion that my body reacted but my mind did not. so please do not be troubled,"

he raised his eyebrow, trying to hide a smile. "you sound incredibly sophisticated now that i have my suspicions."

i fake a gasp, "oh dear me! i was already sophisticated from the beginning,"

"excuse me for my rudeness, your higness." he says.

"you are excused,"

we both laugh for a short while, the tension in the vehicle lessens and luckily, it turned out fine. and when i thought everythinf was going smoothly, a familiar figure made its way towards us.

"hey," jimin waves with a small smile placed on his face the moment i stepped out of the car.

awkwardly, i replied. "yoo, what's up?"

scratching the back of his head, he says. "um, about yesterday.."

"it's fine." i cut him off, "i... give me some time,"

almost as if he notices my uncomfortable behaviour, he waves his hand in dismay. "i.. it's a prank! yeah.. a bunch of my friends were playing truth or dare yesterday and i was dared to 'confess' my feelings to you. so don't think too much about it kay'?"

i breathe out a sigh of relief, "oh really? wow, man. i thought you actually liked me. who was i kidding? you would never, right jungkook?" i glance towards the boy who simply shrugged his shoulders. "yeah, you're too hideous for him to like anyways."

sticking out my tongue, i playfully punched him on his shoulders. not even noticing that the person beside us was holding onto his frail heart which is on the verge of breaking.. yet again.