Chapter 9

(Percy)

The sound of my phone ringing woke me from my fitful sleep. I quickly answer as to not miss the call.

"Hello..?"

"Percy...."

Immediately after I hear the tone of her voice, the desperation inside it. I jump to my feet and mist travel to her room. The moment I materialize she jumps into my arms and start crying. I just hold her tightly while she sobs on my shoulder. By now I've realised that I'm wearing nothing but boxers.

I blush bright red but still don't let go.

"Adrianna. What happened are you ok? What about Macy and Mabel? "

Her crying softens and she looks at me with tear filled eyes.

"Their fine. It's just.... I had a nightmare. K-kadir was taking them away a-and just before he was going t-to k-kill them I woke up. I d-didn't know who else to call.

I nod my head in understanding and rub circles on her back, soothing her.

"Thank you for calling me. I'll always come. Even if it just a nightmare. We all have them. Gods know I do."

She looks at me with tear filled eyes.

"Here I am crying over a human nightmare and you have to endure those monsters and whatever else you saw down there."

I shake me head and give her a soft squeeze in the hug.

"I told you before. I was born for battle it's for me a human nightmare. Now let's get you to bed."

I lead her back to the bed and lay her down. I was about to walk away when she called me back.

"Percy....please don't leave me alone."

Looking at her eyes begging me like that I couldn't say no. Fine scoot over. She moved to the other side of the bed and I climbed in on the side she left for me.

We just lay there in awkward silence for a few minutes. She was the one to speak first.

"Percy, now I can't sleep."

I grab her hand and pull her to me and after a moment's hesitation she succumbs and move to me herself. Adrianna is now lying against me with her head on my chest and her right arm draped over me. I wrap my right arm around her, holding her securely to me. Letting her know I'm here and she's safe.

It was at this time that I realised that she was wearing just a thin nightgown and reminding me that I only had on my boxers. Her body pressed against mine giving me a clear indication of what she's wearing underneath, or the lack thereof. There's no doubt in my mind that Adrianna is a beautiful woman.

I blush bright red yet still don't move away. Again I let my calming aura out and not long after she falls asleep. I on the other hand couldn't fall asleep, there was this feeling in my chest I couldn't identify. This weird feeling left a hole in my chest, it kind of hurts.

For the rest of the night a laid there, pondering over this feeling. Also everytime that Adrianna's breath hitched I gave her a squeeze with my arm and she would sigh happily and smile in her sleep.

The rest of the night I spent lying awake with that aching pain in my hart.

LINEBREAK

Adrianna stirred in her sleep just before the sun rose over the horizon. I was staring at the ceiling with a blank mind and didn't realise she was awake until she tapped me on the chest. I looked down with confusion written on my face but my eyes were blank as if I wasn't there. She looked at me with concern.