Chapter 19

I was nearly sleeping when Alexa woke me up.

"Sweetie, Carlos and I are gonna go. You need some rest in a real bed tonight, and I need to settle down so baby will calm down by midnight." She said smiling. I nodded and stood up. We walked together into the kitchen with no sign of the boys.

"Garage." Lexi said smiling. We then walked outside and around the house. It was sunset and breathtaking. The garage was on the other side of the house and was open. I could hear music playing and as we got closer I could see James and Carlos looking under the hood of James's Bronco he has been rebuilding.

"What are you guys up to?" I asked as their heads shot up.

"Hey! Oh, ya know, manly things." Carlos said trying to sound manlier as he puffed out his chest. I snorted at his fail attempt.

"Well manly men, I gotta go home to settle baby down, and I think Lizzi deserves to fall asleep comfortably." Alexa said with a smile. James's head popped up from under the hood.

"It was just seven a minute ago." James said as if Alexa and I were old women going to sleep early. I gave James a look.

"It's nine thirty." I told him. He smiled.

"Oh..." He said. I nodded. Carlos and Alexa left after saying goodbye and hoping I recovered fully and safely, also that they'd see me sometime this week. James closed up the garage as I stood admiring the sunsets glow over the canyon creating a silhouette.
"Wow, look at that view." James said from behind me. I nodded.

"Nature at it's finest." I said smiling. James laughed and came up behind me. His arms around my waist and his chin resting on my head.

"I was talking about you." James said quietly. I rolled my eyes, but took the compliment. Soon we walked back inside. James got into his pajamas and I stood trying to comb my hair out in the bathroom, but kept getting the staples caught in the brush.

"I'm just going to shave my head." I said frustrated. James put on a tshirt and walked in to the bathroom.

"What's wrong?" He asked me. I sighed and pointing at my hair.

"I keep getting the staples when I brush. If I shave my head, I'll know where the staples are and I'll not have To worry about brushing either." I said. James smiled, picked up the brush and started to brush my hair.

"If you need help, you can just ask." James said watching my hair as it lost the knots that had been in it.

"I didn't know a boyfriend would brush his girlfriends hair." I said admiring James's gentleness.

"A guy will do anything if he truly cares for his girlfriend, even buying tampons for his girlfriend. Guys just don't like to tell the world they would do those things because of their insecurities." James said then taking my hair and starting to braid it.

"Where did you learn how to braid?" I asked him. James shrugged.

"I learned from a few girls back in high school when I was in the theatre program. We always needed some extra help for the girls since they were doing all the makeup on themselves and guys, so some of us guys learned to braid for the girls doing makeup." He said finishing. He had did a French braid which looked better than any I had ever done on myself.

"They taught you well. You're better than me." I said smiling at him in the reflection. He then kissed the top of my head and then turned around to leave.

I washed my face and then was ready for bed. James however was busy away pulling back the sheets of his bed on both sides and he even turned on his fireplace. I giggled.