Chapter 11

I had did my blonde hair already, curly, done my makeup, a neutral smokey eye with soft pink glossed lips, and gotten dressed in; a light yellow breezy top with ruffles on the neck line and a light white cardigan with light washed skinny jeans and white laced Oxford flats. I was ready and it was only seven forty five. With fifteen minutes to spare, I hung out with my cat. Of course. I was one crazy cat lady. Oliver purred as his grey fur seemed to be shedding all over the place. I groaned as I tried to push him away, but he was so darn lovable. I got up as soon as there was a knock on the door. It was seven fifty five, he was five minutes early? Really? When all I needed was five more to get the cat hair off me. I hobbled over to the door to see a bouquet of white roses and a very handsome face. My heart skipped a beat seeing him. My heart had never skipped a beat seeing Kendall, had it? James's scruff was almost as hot as his biceps that he was hiding under the leather jacket he wore. I smiled as I saw his gorgeous smile. It was blinding and amazing.

"Awe! Oh my gosh." I cooed looking at the flowers. James smirked and took a step into my apartment offering me the flowers. "Thank you so much, they're gorgeous." I said taking a whiff of their sweet scent as I grasped them. James smiled down at me, his hazel eyes glimmering to life, as he was coming in for a hug. "Oh! I have cat hair on me." I exclaimed pulling away.

"It's all good." James said before he was looking at my furry mess of an outfit. "Wow, he got you good." He teased pulling back too. I nodded.

"Life of a cat lover. Come on in, I'll only be a minute. I'll put these in water and then de-hair myself and then we can go." I informed him as he nodded.

"Alright, cool. I'll just go say hi to Oliver." He smiled. I nodded and followed him into the living room. He sat on the couch playing with Oliver as I grabbed a vase from under the sink in the kitchen and filled it up.

"Those are gorgeous, thank you so much." I told him as I walked out of the kitchen and into the bathroom. I grabbed the lint roller and got to work.

"Eh, can't not be a gentleman to the perfect lady. And a lady deserves flowers every chance she gets." James informed me. I blushed at myself in the mirror as I finished up. "Blushing, I see." James said suddenly at the doorway holding Oliver in his arms. I giggled.

"Don't get used to it. You have to work for it." I winked at him as he smirked seductively. I caught my breath and moved onto putting the lint roller away. "Okay, we can go now." I smiled at him who kissed the top of Oliver's head and set him on the floor. I grabbed my purse and followed James out the door. We walked down the stairs together as I saw his car sitting next to mine. I needed a better car, especially if I was going to be hanging out with people with brand new Jeeps and whatever it was James was driving.

James took my hand and opened my door leading me inside. I giggled as he shut my door and then waited for him to get in. He had such a swagger about him that it was hard to ignore. The way he held himself was breathtaking. He was confident, and not at the same time.

"Alright, so the movie starts at nine fifteen. That gives us an hour and fifteen minutes for breakfast. Seem long enough?" James asked sarcastically. I laughed.

"Yeah, pretty sure, it'll be more than enough time." I said playing along. We pulled out of my building's parking lot as James then started talking about LA and how every time his parents come in from San Diego, that his dad is usually cussing about the traffic. He was very funny, but heart felt when speaking about his family. I couldn't help myself from enjoying his stories and losing my mind for the rest of the day.

"He rear ended me backing out of my driveway once. And my driveway is about fifty feet long in diameter." James said making me genuinely laugh.

"Oh my God, really? Were you okay?" I asked worried then. He snickered shaking his head as he watched the road.