Chapter 4

"Lex!" Carlos yelled through a group of people, we weaved through strangers as we approached someone standing in the middle of the kitchen by the sink. A short, tiny blonde girl turned around with a smile on her face.

"Oh my gosh, is this Liz?" She asked excitedly, walking over in the exact outfit Carlos had said she was going to wear. She had freckles, how adorable!

"It's me! You must be, Alexa?" I asked offering her my hand. Alexa immediately by passed my hand and came in for a hug. I hugged her back, being a good head taller than her as Carlos and I were practically the same height. She was so tiny.

"You got that right, but call me Lex or Lexi." She said keeping a hold of my hand that I had outstretched before she hugged me as Carlos looked giddy with pride at us.

"Alright, will do." I smiled accepting her request. 'Lex' smiled wide and gasped as she looked at my outfit.

"Los was right, you are very stylish." She said nodding her head, looking over my dress, and then looking at her husband. "You're getting better with this whole fashion thing." She teased him, but still sounding proud. He rolled his eyes with a small smirk as he acted as if he wasn't beaming from her impressed mood. These two were meant for each other, they made each other so happy. It was so obvious and I had only seen them interact for a few seconds now.

"Oh! You don't have a drink yet? What would you like?" Lex asked still holding my hand, then slightly pulling me from where we stood, and bringing me over to the selection of wine and alcohol set up on table to the side of the room.

"I have to drive home later." I said, eyeing the alcohol as I knew I shouldn't drink any, even though Carlos suggested there would be booze here. She giggled and waved it off.

"One glass of champagne won't faze you, will it?" She asked worried as she smirked. I smiled and shook my head giving in to temptation. She filled me a glass and I swear the taste of the champagne was like liquid gold on the tongue. "Besides, we can always get you home safely and get your car back to you later." She assured me as I drank nearly half the glass already as she giggled. She was adorable.

"Wow. Expensive." I mumbled pulling the half empty glass from my lips. I hadn't had champagne like that before. Lex laughed and shrugged.

"I know, we always spend way too much on drinks." She said as if she was worried about her bank account when I knew they were doing fine compared to me who lived in an apartment the size of the dining room table. I smiled as she talked my ear off. I really liked her however, she was just as sweet and caring as Carlos. "Oh, I have to go check on the food out on the balcony." She informed me letting her smiley demeanor falter a moment. I nodded understanding as she then turned around again from having almost left me alone, but then turned to face me again. "Let me introduce you to someone so I'm not leaving you standing awkwardly until you strike up conversation." She said with a smile as she once again took my hand. I was thankful she and Carlos were such considerate people, it made it so easy to be here given how nice they were to me in ensuring my comfort. She brought me around the kitchen island and between standing people who didn't seem to care that we were butting into their conversations in order to walk through.

We walked out of the dining room, down the foyer that James and I had walked down earlier and through a door into a living room where there were even more people standing around talking and sipping on alcohol.

"Oh, here you are. Kendall!" Lex exclaimed as a few heads turned so I wasn't sure who she was setting me up to talk to. We passed by all of them, one after the other, and made it to the one head who turned in the corner of the room where oddly, a gaming system was being used on a huge flat screen tv. A guy who was sat by himself watching two others play the game on the couch made eye contact with me as I was being towed behind Lex. He smiled seeing me and stood up.