Epilogue

Adelaide's Point of View

3 Years Later

His arms snaked around my waist from behind, snuggling his head into the crook of my neck while I was flipping eggs on the skillet hovering over the stove. He placed a delicate kiss onto my neck. "Good morning to you too," I greeted in amusement.

Calum giggled, pressing another peck onto my cheeks. "Morning, baby. Look what came in the mail today."

I spun around briefly, picking up the card that he had held in his hands. It was made of thick card stock with gold foil outlining the edges of it. In bold letters it read, "You are invited to Michael and Lucy's wedding." A wide smile grew on my face as I let out a little squeal. I was very aware of the fact that they were getting married since I was going to be the maid of honor, but it felt even more exciting when an official invitation was tangible.

"Guess we're going to need to get some plane tickets to Australia," Calum stated, taking the spatula out of my other hand and flipping the last of the scrambled eggs onto a plate.

"I can do that," I responded with a sly smile. I had finished my Associate's degree for just a general major last year and was now working at a local travel agency office, specifically using my expertise to help clients plan their vacations to Australia.

Calum's long fingers flicked the knob on the stove so it was off and handed me the other plate of eggs, moving us over towards the table to eat breakfast together. I remember when the accident happened I used to always have to cook for him since he was in so much pain and I was so grateful that we was completely healed and I only cooked for him just to be nice.

"I can't wait for us to have a wedding of our own," Calum blurted out, his brown eyes glimmering with hope. "We will have the best of wedding of all time."

I frowned at him. We've spoken about marriage many times before, but I just didn't think it was necessary at this point in our lives. We were only twenty-two, Calum almost twenty-three, and I wanted us to party and enjoy having fun without some legal document making us feel like adults. Calum still was working at Target with Luke, and I wanted to wait for him to get a stable and secure job first.

"Cal, we have plenty of time to get married. We don't need to rush. We're only twenty-two," I lectured, lifting a forkful of eggs up to my lips.

He crossed his arms across his chest, folding his lips over in a deep pout. "So are Michael and Lucy. And my birthday is in like a month."

"Michael and Lucy also have known each other their entire lives," I argued, sending him a look that conveyed the fact that I wasn't in the mood to talk about this.

"You know me better than Lucy knows Michael though."

"Look, I love you. Of course I want to get married but I just don't want to do it now. This isn't about Michael or Lucy, it's just how I feel about it." I sighed heavily, suddenly getting upset with myself for being so annoying and frustrated. "I'm sorry. Um, what do you want for your birthday?"

Calum's previous expression was replaced with the goofy grin he always sports. "Birthday sex," He responded confidently, placing his hand on my thigh and giving it a quick squeeze. "That shouldn't be so hard, right baby?"

He batted his eyelashes at me. "That's what she said," I teased, making the both of us crack up, simultaneously giving each other a high five because we were massive dorks.