Chapter 3 // Paint

Adelaide's Point of View

"I didn't actually make the cookies," Calum admitted with a giggle, picking one off of the tray and taking a bite. "My mum did. We were supposed to make some last night though, if I do remember correctly."

"Yes but I got distracted by some loser who kept telling me lame jokes," I teased, playfully rolling my eyes at the dark haired boy in front of me.

He chuckled loudly and the beautiful voice echoed throughout the nearly empty house and rang through my ears. It was a lovely sound and made happiness build inside the crevices of my stomach. His guard always seemed to be let down when he was laughing and the corners of his brown eyes were crinkling. "So Addy, to kick off this friendship I would like to offer you to have a movie marathon with me."

I grinned at his suggestion. "That sounds great, Calum. If you can go set up my television I'll go get my films out of the box."

He nodded his head, disappearing into the living room. I headed back inside my new room and changed into a half zip sweatshirt and a pair of black leggings, just to be more comfortable while viewing them. I had absolutely no clue what Calum would want to watch, so I just grasped as many of the plastic DVD's as my hands could carry and joined him back on the carpeted floor.

"Can we please watch a comedy?" I begged as he continued to flick a few buttons on the side.

"Sure thing princess," He mumbled sarcastically, making me laugh softly. Calum placed one of the movies into the player as he hit play, then snuggled up onto the microfiber couch.

I was conflicted on where I should position myself. It would be quite awkward if I sat super close to him, but it would also be quite weird if I had completely distanced myself like Michael told me to. Calum patted the seat next to him, making my decision for me. He extended the blanket so it would reach across both of our laps and Calum carefully slung his arm across my shoulder and resting it on the back of the sofa.

The warmth of his body radiated off of him. I was enjoying this nice cuddle session already, especially with his musky aroma filling my lungs each time I inhaled. "Is this okay?" Calum wondered politely, his irises staring down at me in concern.

"Yeah, you smell really yummy," I told him, shifting my body so my head was resting against his bony shoulder as a pillow.

The vibration of his chest indicated that he was indeed laughing again. I didn't want this cheerful mood of his to end, but I also felt the need to address the warnings I recieved about him today. I couldn't imagine why anyone would be scared of such an adorable cutie like Calum. He was an absolute sweetheart. But maybe I am missing something. "So, um, I was told to stay away from you today."

Calum's tan skin instantly paled. I could feel his tone muscles tense underneath me as well, which did not terminate my uneasy feeling. "Oh yeah? By who?"

"This guy named Michael and a girl named Lucy. I was looking for a job, you know, and I decided to work at the florist but then now I'm not too sure because I didn't like the way they were talking about you."