Chapter 12 // First

Adelaide's Point of View

Nightfall surrounded us after hours of endless conversations. I adored Calum's friends and I adored the friendship the three of them shared. They were obviously a benefit to Calum's difficulties in life.

As the attractive boys changed into their pajamas and got situated in Calum's basement to watch a film, which included Luke cuddling me into his body like a pillow, Ashton finally turned the lights off so they could attempt to get some decent sleep.

"I'll go walk Addy home," Calum declared, standing up from his seat on his leather sofa where his pillows were currently propped up against.

Luke's grip on my waist tightened and his lips curled, pouting up at the dark haired boy. "What? Why can't she sleepover? I don't want my new best friend to leave me!"

I chuckled, releasing myself from his grasp and gave Luke a hug, along with a friendly kiss on his pale cheeks. Calum's jaw clenched tighter with fury as he put his hands in his pockets, watching me intently as I gave Ashton a hug as well. "It was lovely to meet you boys. I'll probably come over tomorrow if that's alright with you guys. How long are you staying here?"

"Too long," Ashton teased, ruffling my hair with a giggle. "Bye, Addy."

I waved to the two guys who had returned to snuggling deep into their makeshift beds for the night. I followed closely behind Calum as we traveled up the staircase and ducked out of his home, heading across the sandy beach to my place that was adjacent. Luckily the Australian weather was still quite warm, but the wind was whipping around the two of us.

"I like your friends a lot," I stated as I twisted the knob to my back door, allowing him entrance into our familiar hang out spot.

With a toss of my hand, my heels that I was holding fell to the hardwood floors, initiating an echo throughout the baron room. Calum shook his head at me. "I think Luke liked you a little too much."

A laugh escaped my lips as I headed upstairs, knowing Calum well enough that his puppy like quality would cause him to follow me. He took a seat on the edge of my bed, watching me remove the bobby pins out of my hair and letting the chocolate locks roam free. Glimpsing in my mirror, I could see Calum's beautiful face staring at me, his giant lips tempting me to kiss him right then and there. I couldn't even deny my liking for Calum at this point, I had a crush on Calum Hood, and I was desperately hoping he felt the same way.

I fumbled with the zipper of my dress as I planned on getting changed into much more comfortable attire. Calum leaped to his feet in seconds. "I got it, Ad," He assured, his large hands sweeping my hair to one side of my neck. I could feel my breathing hitch in my throat. "I've been wanting to take this dress off you all night."

His hands grazed across my skin as he slowly and carefully unzipped my red dress, letting it fall to my feet. His index finger trailed over my exposed body from my ribs down to my hips, until he finally spun me around, pushing me against my black bedroom wall with his dark eyes locked on mine. "You know, I think that no matter how much Luke likes you, I will always like you more."

His voice was velvety and raspy and Calum placed kisses down my neck, his body pressing tightly against mine. I could feel myself gulp as he began kissing up my jawline. Calum smirked at me. "Do I scare you, Ad?"