Chapter 4

Chapter Four:

Charlotte's POV:

"Is it too late to chicken out?" I whispered to Talon, he rolled his eyes and laughed at me. Seriously though? I feel as though I was making a big mistake. I would much prefer to be sitting in my nice and comfy bed with the door shut, ice cream, and a Hunger Games or Harry Potter book to read. This was a mistake. I was dressed like a stripper, well not technically but this was most definitely not my comfort zone. Fabric was just clinging to me everywhere and it was itchy. Don't even get my started on these strappy heels, I was starting to feel pain for the girls who went to school like this every day. I won't even begin on the feeling of all this makeup on my face, who knows what my pores will look like in the morning.

"Don't worry Char, you'll be fine. Most kids do this every weekend." He smiled at me while he spoke. I nodded and gulped, I didn't believe him. I watched at Nelly, Annie, and Ethan all rushed towards the door eager to join the party. It already looked like a mess outside and it was only nine o'clock. "Few tips, make sure to eat some snacks, drink slow, never put your drink down, don't follow a strange guy alone anywhere, stay in sight of our group at all times, and yeah just follow those rules and you should be fine." He smirked and then walked ahead.

"Oh my god." I sighed, thanks Talon. Thanks so much for adding to my worry. Taking a deep breath and walking to the door slowly to avoid getting a heel stuck in the stone pathway, I followed behind Talon. As he opened the door I peered in and took a step back, but he gently grabbed my elbow and pulled me inside. It was our entire grade, and more. This would be a long night.

As I stepped inside I got a series of different looks. A lot of girls gave me cold and confused looks as to say, what the hell are you doing here? A few guys gave me very approving looks and it wasn't because they recognized me from school, it was because of my new outfit. Overall, it was attention which I didn't like.

"Here." Annie said jumping in front of me and handing me a red cup. I looked down at it and sniffed it taking in a strong scent.

"What is it..." I asked her.

"Just drink it." She said, "Come on, I'm trying to help you here. Do you want to go through life as the boring predictable girl? No. You want to have fun. So drink up and start talking to people you don't know." She smiled a wide smile and skipped away. Taking a very small mouthful, I shivered at the taste. It was strong. It wasn't awful, but it sure wasn't a nice caramel iced coffee. She was right though, a dare is a dare.

An hour later

I began to feel a bit woozy. Sure, I lightened up and I even talked to a few guys who would never give me the time of day. I was still aware though and only on my second drink, so not much damage was done though. I tried to act a bit more affected when Annie came around, just so she wouldn't be on my case. "Having fun?" She asked with a wide smile as she gripped a beer around her freshly painted nails.

"Totally." I lied, not actually sure if I was lying or not. This was not as bad as I thought and the mouthfuls were starting to get bigger and bigger. I was getting used to it. I began finding everything a bit funnier. Wandering off into the next room I spotted Alex. Smiling to myself I walked up to him, this would definitely get Annie off my case.