Chapter 16

Chapter 16

"Maybe he really had to go?" I frowned at Penelope when she said that. We were seated around the lunch table. I just told the guys what happened with Josh yesterday.

"Really? At that time of night? Where would he go that late? A club? A bar? To do what? Don't answer that I don't even want to know what he would do at a bar or a club." I said and Penelope raised her arms in surrender,

"I was just saying maybe he wanted to go out and hang out with his friends-"

"What friends? From what I've learned Josh doesn't have any friends. He hasn't hung around anyone but me." I thought over what I said and suddenly realized that

Josh really has no friends. Well, at least not any in America. Maybe England.

"Well, maybe he's-" Penelope started but Talon cut her off,

"Enough. You guys kissed. He pulled away and said he shouldn't have kissed you. End of conversation. It's clear as day what's going on, Charlotte. He likes you but he's fighting it." I immediately scoffed,

"Josh like me? No, that's not it. Think of something else-"

"No, that's it. Think about it. He kissed you. He calls you Charlie. He got super jealous over Alex talking to you. He almost got into a fight with Alex, Char. A fight over you." Anna said and I sighed and sat back in my seat thinking over what they're saying.

The bell ranged signaling the end of this conversation. I stood up and Penelope and Anna walked over to me with big smiles on their faces. I immediately tensed up knowing it probably wasn't gonna be something good coming out of their mouths. Well, at least not for me.

"After the bell rings were meeting up at this new cake place, where they make THE best red velvet cake ever. Were going to go there to taste cakes for your wedding." I raised an eyebrow at the two. When did I agree to this?

"I don't know-"

"No if's, and's or I don't know's. You're going. That's final. And, Alex is coming over. Stay cool." With that said Penelope and Anna walked away leaving me behind. I watched their retreating backs and sighed, "Wait." I whispered. Just as Alex stood in front of me.

"Charlotte." He said with a smile on his face. I smiled back but it felt more like a grimace. I sighed as I thought back to how we ended things yesterday,

"Im sorry about what happened with Josh yesterday. You were just talking to me and-"

"It's cool and already forgotten. I actually wanted to talk to you about yesterday and how I didn't get to say what I wanted-"

"Uh, Shit!" I shouted and Alex looked shocked. I guess I never really cursed out loud in front of other people. Think of something quick Charlotte. Anything.

"I need to hurry up and get to class. If Im late again, Im gonna be stuck in detention." Alex immediately wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I stiffened at the contact,

"Thats cool, were going to the same class anyway." Alex said and I silently cursed myself for being such a dumb ass. Quick think of something else. And don't you dare stutter.

"Look Alex, I need to go to the bathroom. I didn't want to say this but...it's that time of month. And it's getting heavy." I said trying not to laugh as I said this. He stopped and raised an eyebrow at me. Huh, maybe I should become an actor.

"I see what's going on. Charlotte, are you avoiding me?" I immediately paled and tried to come up with an answer.

"Avoid you?" Yes! Is it that obvious? Damn, maybe I should stick to NOT becoming an actor. Wow, and I even brought up periods and everything and Alex looked past all that. He's smarter than I give him credit for. Maybe I shouldn't judge people. After all Chris Brown did make a song proving that being judged makes everything ugly. Thank you, Chris Brown.