Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Someone poked my cheek but I just turned my face the other way. I slowly drifted back to dreamland when the poking assault continued on my face. I groaned and grabbed my pillow putting It on my head. Maybe they'll stop now.

All of a sudden my pillow was yanked from my face. I slowly sat up and glared at the person who was interrupting my sleep. When I wiped the sleep away from my eyes I saw a smirking Robbie. I glared at him and he just continued to smirk.

"What?" I asked with venom. He shrugged and sat down next to me,

"I think mom is....seeing someone." I glared at him. Did he seriously just wake me up to tell me this?

"I'm not even gonna ask. Where is mom?" I asked as I slowly laid back down on my comfy warm silk sheets.

"She's at church." Church?! I quickly sat up. Okay, yes my family are Christians. But, we are not the church type of people. Honestly, the last time I've been to church was when my uncle died. And, we went to his funeral. Before that, the last time we went to church was when my dad was still with us. And, I was a baby then. So, I can honestly say its been a long time. Years.

So, to hear that my mom is at church is shocking. I glanced at Robbie and he nodded,

"You've been busy with British boy, but mom has been going to church for the last six weeks. And, every time she comes back. She's smiling. Like, she use to smile when dad was still here. I gasped, and he nodded.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked, sleep completely forgotten. He walked over to my closet. When he came out he was holding something I thought I would never see again in my life. It was a long sleeved Christmas dress. Mom's sister bought it two years ago. Which I guess is appropriate since Christmas is coming in two more days.

I immediately started shaking my head while Robbie walked towards me with a smirk on his face.

"No." I immediately said but he continued to smirk,

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Over my dead body."

"That can be arranged."

"I can't believe you got me into this dress." I said glaring at Robbie as he parked at the church. He shrugged, "I can't believe It's not butter." Then he smirked and looked over at me,

"Remember when we were little and we use to play spy games?" I nodded and he smiled. A real genuine smile,

"I think this is our chance to test out or spying skills." I laughed as we both got of the car. We walked side by side into the church. Security guards raised an eyebrow at us but let us come in anyway. When we got in we immediately sat down in the back of the church.

The preacher was talking so, I guess he was in the middle of his sermon. I immediately started to look around for mom. And, so did Robbie. I got tired after a while and sat back. Robbie sighed and did the same.

"What do we do if we find her?" I asked and he shrugged,

"Nothing." I nodded when suddenly the church got quiet. I tensed up having a bad feeling about this.

"I think we have two visitors in our church today. Why don't you guys come up to the front and introduce yourself to the church." I sighed, maybe he wasn't talking about us. Suddenly an old lady with a smile on her face grabbed my hand. I immediately grabbed Robbie's. Suddenly we were basically be dragged to the front.

When we got there the old lady let my hand go and walked away. I would've said a lot of things if we weren't in a church. Suddenly I heard a gasp. Robbie and I looked over to see our mom sitting next to a tall man. They were holding hands. I immediately looked away, feeling myself getting angry. Why would she keep this from us.