Chapter 14

Chapter 14

"Where the hell have you been?" Was the first thing Talon asked. I guess you could say, I haven't talked to him in a while. Well, him and the gang. That was the first thing I realized as I sat at our usual lunch table, away from the 'populars'. Including Alex.

"I've been busy." I mumbled playing around with my food, slowly loosing my appetite. Talon frowned and so did Ethan. What did I do? I just told them the truth. I have been busy.

"We know. But, we didn't know you were one of those people who forgot about her friends because she was 'busy'. Look, I guess you do have a good reason. Planning a wedding and what not." Anna said softly looking at me expectantly. I nodded, my mind repeating the words wedding.

Its been three days since the diner with Josh's dad. And, Josh hasn't contacted me since. No phone call. No text. No nothing. It's like he disappeared, and it's starting to worry me.

"Oh, well Josh better watch out. Someone else has their eyes on you." Penelope said looking behind me. I raised an eyebrow and turned around. My eyes connected with a familiar pair of chocolate eyes.

Alex.

I turned back around not really having any clue as to why Alex is staring at me. Ethan turned around and saw Alex staring and turned back around to me.

"Oh, yeah he's been asking around about you." Ethan said casually as he basically stuffed his sandwich in his mouth. Ugh, boys and their eating ways. I swear, it looks like Ethan is making-out with his sandwich.

Wait, what? Alex is asking around about me? Me? Charlotte soon-to-be Castro. Why is he asking around about me? He can have any girl he wants. He's Alex freaking Stiles. Yet, he's asking around about me? I blushed a fire hydrant red.

"Why is he asking around about me?" I managed to say in a mumble. I quickly looked up at Ethan and then dropped my gaze down to my plate to hide the blush that was blooming on my cheeks.

"Well, word in the halls is that he likes you. And, he's going to ask you out after school." I snorted at the thought. If I wasn't someone's fiancé, and if I was told this information before I met Josh. I would probably be jumping at the thought of Alex and I together.

"Well he's too late. Im engaged now." I said playing with the ham and cheese sandwich my mom packed in my lunch. It's not that I can't pack my own lunch. It's just that Im too lazy to. True story.

"Please. It's not a real marriage. Its not even a real relationship. So, I think you're allowed to see other people." I started to shake my head no before Penelope even finished. I couldn't be that cheating wife in a marriage. It's wrong and just plain wrong.

"Josh and I promised each other that we would never cheat on each other. And, keep your voice down when you yell about marriages not being real." I scolded Nellie and she just rolled her eyes.

Yeah, my friends know about the marriage not being real. You would think they would be against the idea. But Anna said that it was a miracle that I was even going along with this. She even said she was proud of me for not continuing my goody-goody ways.

"Yeah, but you can't be a virgin forever." I glared at Anna and huffed just as the bell ring. I quickly dumped my basically untouched lunch and walked towards the cafeteria doors heading to chemistry. But before I could make it Penelope quickly walked by and whispered in my ear, "Think about what Anna said, Charlie."

I frowned as she walked away. I rolled my eyes pushing the thought of Alex and virginities at the back of my mind as I stepped foot into Mr. Charter's chemistry class.