Chapter 22

Chapter 22

NATE

I sighed and hugged Shy tightly. She told me about Mike. I felt so frustrated that we have to put on hold our plan about telling Mike about us.

“Just when I thought everything is going well this thing came up,” she complained and whined tighten our hug.

“Sometimes there’s something unpredictable happen and there’s nothing we can do about it,” I said softly kissing her temple.  

“Yeah, I know,” she sighed, “But it’s so frustrated.”

“I feel it too, babe, but what can we do? We’ll go there and see how it goes”, I tried to soothe her but actually fact I’m actually soothing myself. Trying to make myself believed that everything will goes well. God, I’m so scared. I just have bad feeling about this. What if when she saw Mike laying hopelessly, her felt sorry and get back to him? God, what if it really happens? I’m really going to lose her forever and I don’t think I could live with that.

“I love you,” she said making me looked at her.

“I know,” trying to sound convincing but I think my face showed her how I truly felt.

“No matter what happen over there, I’m not changing my mind about you, I promised,” she assured me looking directly into my eyes.

I smiled and pulled her into a long kissed and said, “I love you baby. I know you won’t.” I hugged her but why does my heart still don’t feel so convincing?

I couldn’t sleep at all even though Shy is sleeping in my arms right now. We have been sleeping together ever since that day. I slowly removed my arms around her. I kissed her shoulder when she stirred softly.

I got up and took my phone with me and went to the other room and started to call my brother. He’s the only one who I could tell about how I felt right now. He has always been the one who I could depend on and whom I always talk to when I have a problem.

“You don’t have to worry, Nate. She’ll definite choose you. I could hear how happy she was when she told me about you guys.” Neil tried to convince me.

I sighed, ' I don't know Neil. I'm worried. What if when she looked at him and felt pity towards him?”

“Nate, if you really love her you have to trust her. By the way, you'll be there with her right?” he asked and I nodded forgetting he can't see me, “You'll be with her all time so make sure she didn't change her mind.”

“Yeah, I guess you're right,” I softly answered him.

*****

SHY

I have to tell my parent about Mike and my relationship with Nate. Mom was so ecstatic when I told her about Nate and me. She told me that both she and Aunt Gina have been hoping that we both would fall in love.  Well it was their plans to ask me to stay with Nate so that I would fall for him. Hmm, clever plan I would say. She was glad that I’m going to visit Mike with Nate and kept reminding me that whatever happened never ever let Nate get away from me.

Mom was never happy when I was with Mike but I won’t say she didn’t approved because she told me all that all she ever wanted was for me to be happy and at that times I thought I will be happy with Mike even though I knew he had cheated on me before. Come to think about it I am a stupid fool. I don’t know why I could easily forgive him for all those things he’s done to me.

Well this time I’m going to make sure that I would not back off on my promised to Nate. I’m so very sure I love Nate more that I do with Mike. I never felt so much love when I’m with Mike. Nate would always say he word “I love you” to me, during and after our passionate love making or whenever he feels like it, but it was never that way with Mike. I’m the one who would always say those words to him and he would just nod.