Chapter 12

Chapter 12

NATE……… J

“Look after Nate for me, will you, Shy?” requested mom as they hugged goodbyes. My family was preparing to leave. A cab was waiting for them to take them to the airport.

“I will Aunt Gina,” promised Shy.  I looked at Neil and he smiled raising his eyebrows teasingly at me.

“You take care, hah. Take you medicine,” reminded dad patting my back.

“Yeah, I will,” I replied looking at mom who looked concern, “I’m fine already, don’t worry,” I ensured her.

“Don’t worry mom,” added Neil, “Shy is here to take care of him. Won’t you Shy?” nudging Shy at the same time. Shy nodded but at the same time glance at me. When she saw me looking at her, she smiled but I just shrugged.

She then hugged Neil and he’s whispering something to her making her blushed. I looked at them curiously and Neil looked at me from her shoulders and winked. Hmm, he must have said something good about me. Well that my brother, I could always count on him.

Neil finally came to me and we did our normally shake and hugged, “Don’t you blow it, ok?” he whispers.

Nodding my head, I whispered back, “Don’t worry, I won’t.”

After binding goodbyes to my family, Shy and I walked back up to my apartment in silence. She walked in front of me and when we entered the apartment, she looked back and smiled at me.

“You want some hot chocolate?” she asked.

“Sure,” I nodded and sat on the sofa turning on the TV.

She came smiling with two mugs and handed one to me, “Thanks,” I said taking the mug from her.

“You’re welcome,” she smiled again and then there were silence. Why does it have to be so awkward?  I suddenly didn’t know what to say to her.

After 5 minutes of silence, Shy suddenly asked, “Are you still angry with me?”

I looked at her, “What make you think I’m angry with you?” I asked.

“Well,” she looked down at her mug, “You been very quiet and not your normal self.”

“I thought you like me better this way. I’m just doing what you want me to do. Leave you alone,” I simply told her.

“Who said I wanted you to leave me alone? We’re staying together now. Why would I want you to leave me alone? You never bother to leave me alone before, why now?” she bombarded me with the questions.

“Well, before this I’m a thick headed,” I shrugged, “But I think I have enough trying to make you understands me. It gives me migraine.”

She looked down at the mug biting her lips and peeked through her eyelashes at me. When she saw I was looking at her, she quickly looked at her mug again, “I sorry,” she mumbled.

“Are apologizing to me or to the mug?” I teased.

She glared showing annoying face at me, “To you dumb head.”

I hide my smile, “For?” I asked.

She blushed and the gulped, “You know why,” staring at her mug.

“Nope, why?” I asked getting up from where I sit and sat besides her. She’s still looking down at her mug. I took it away from her and tilted her chin making her looked at me, “Sorry for what?” I asked her again.

She pouted her lips, “You like to torture me don’t you?”

“Hmm, let me think,” I said pretending to think, “Yep.”