Chapter 16

Chapter 16

NATE…….

I pushed Lisa away, “What do you think you’re doing?” I scolded her.

“Aww, Nate,” whined Lisa, “I’ve missed you. I haven’t seen you in parties for a long time.”

“I’m been busy lately,” I simply told her and looked behind her for Shy but she’s wasn’t there anymore.

“Even on weekend?” Lisa stopped me when I tried to walk away and intend to look for Shy. She smiled and put her arms around me, “I’ve missed you,” she whispered seductively.

“What happened to Jerry?” I asked sarcastically, “I thought you were with him?”

“No, we broke off last week,” she shrugged, “I’m single now.”

I smirked, “Ah, that’s why you suddenly missed me?”

“Aww, come on Nate,” she smiled, “Can’t a girl have some fun?”

“Sure they can,” I said pulling her hand off my neck. “But find someone else,” I said walking away from her and start to look for Shy, but couldn’t find her anywhere. Where the hell is she?

“Hey, Nate,” one of Shy friend stopped me. I can’t remember her name as I wasn’t paying attention when Shy introduced me to her.

I gave her a friendly smiled, “Did you see Shy?” I asked her.

“No,” she shook her head and then smiled seductively at me. Gosh, why did they always smile at me that way? Why can’t they just give me a friendly smiled? “Won’t you dance with me, please?” she asked pulling my hand.

“Sorry,” I said and pulled my hand away from her, “I need to look for Shy.” I told her.

“Aww,” she whined, “Please, just one dance,” she pleaded. “Shy wouldn’t mind. She told us so.”

“No, sorry, I’m tired,” I told her, “I have enough dancing for tonight.”

She pouted her lips, “It ok then,” she smiled, “Let sit here and talked,” pushed me down on the sofa behind me forcing me to sit. She sat on my laps wrapping her hands around my neck. “Do you know that I like you so much?” she whispered and crushed her lips on mine. I was too stunned to stop her and I felt her tongue was already inside me. Gosh, this girl really knows how to kiss but it not her kiss or her lips that I’ve wish to be on mine. I pushed her away stopping her.

“I’m sorry, I really have to go and find Shy,” I told her and keep pushing her hand away from me.

“Aww, Nate,” she whined.

“Sorry, I really have to go. Maybe some other time,” I told her and she smiled.

“Promise?” she said.

“Yeah,” I just nod and she finally got up. At last I got her off me.

“Nate, wait,” she said pulling me into the kitchen. She wrote something on the note pad sticking on the fridge, tear it out and put it in my pocket. “Call me, ok?” she smiled and kissed me again.

“Yeah, sure,” I said and quickly walked out of the kitchen looking for Shy. Where is she?

I finally found her sitting on a sofa talking to a group of guys laughing away. I make my way and stands beside her. She had just handed a bottle of vodka to one of the guys and from the look of her face I could tell she had more than she’s used to.

“What do you think you’re doing?” I asked her. She immediately turned towards me, surprised that I was standing beside her.

“Oh, hi Nate,” she giggled, “I’ve enjoying myself. Meet my friend,” she said turning towards the guys and giggles, “What were your names again?”

“No need to introduce them, Shy. I know them,” I told her and pulling her up from her seat, “Excuse us guys,” I told them while Shy waves at them giggling.

“How many drinks have you had?” I asked her.

“Hmm,” she said thinking, “a few I guess. I’ve lost count,” she giggled.

I sighed, “You were out of my side for just a few minutes and you’re already drunk,” I scolded her.

“I’m not drunk,” she said defending herself. “I was just enjoying myself that’s all. Do you know that Vodka tasted better than beer?” she giggled again and walking away.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I grabbed her wrist stopping her.

“I’m going to get myself another drink,” tying to pulled away from me.

“Oh no, you don’t,” I catch her wrist stopping her. “I think you had enough. We should leave now,”

She pulled my hand away, “and I don’t want to leave yet. I’m enjoying myself here,” she whined.

“Yeah right,” I scolded her, “You’ll make a fool of yourselves in a couple of minutes if you continue drinking,” I grabbing her wrist.

“Aw, Nate,” she whine again. Gosh I got three girls whining at me in one night, “Can’t I just have another drink? Please,” she pleaded.

“Don’t be so stubborn,” I scolded, “I’ll carry you out if you’re still stubborn,” I treated.

“No,” she yelled, “I don’t want to go.”

I looked at her and said, “Don’t say that I didn’t warn you,” and carried her over my shoulders walking towards the door.  She screamed her lungs out but since most people were drunk and the music was blasting loudly from the stereo nobody actually paid attention to us.

“Nate put me down,” her voice suddenly become soft when we nearly reach the car, “I don’t feel so good,” she said.

I immediately put her down and she instantly throw up, “You want another drink?” I mocked her.

She groaned and threw up again. She looked so fragile at the moment I felt sorry for her. I rubbed her back softly and massaging her neck while she keep on emptying her stomach.

After a while she finally stopped, “Feeling better?” I asked but still rubbing her back.

She nodded and I handed her my handkerchief to wipe her mouth and took out the water from the car, “Take this and gurgled,” I instructed her.  She took it without a sound. I help her to seat in the car and closed the door walking to the other side.

“Urgh!” she groaned when I entered the car, “I feel so sick.”

“So, you still want another drink?” I teased her again. She moaned and slouch in her seat. I drove back in silence and very sure she had dozed off to sleep until we reached home.

I opened up the door, unbuckled the seat belt and slid one hand underneath her legs while the other holding her waist when she opened her eyes softly and mumbled, “Nate?”

“Yeah,” I whispered to her ears, “Sleep, I’ll carry you inside.”

She nodded and slid her arms around me. I carried her inside the house. God, even though she’s drunk I could still smells her sweet perfume she wearing. The smells suit her perfectly.

I laid her down on her bed and took off her shoe and went to bathroom. I took the face towel, damp it and wiped her face. I’m going to let her sleep in her clothes. I didn’t want her to feel awkward in the morning if I undress her.

I kissed her on the forehead and whispered, “Goodnight, Shy,” even though I knew she could never hear me in her sleep.

I was just getting up when I heard her call my name softly, “Nate, I love you,” she sighed and dozed off.

I was stunned, turned to look at her who was sound a sleep. She’s drunk I told myself. But drunken people would normally just say out whatever in their mind and its normal true right?? Does that mean she really love me??