Chapter 20

Picture Cover by : Hehehe999

****

Chapter 20

SHY

Nate was gone when I woke up the next morning. Maybe he has gone to college. I looked at the side table thinking maybe he left a note before leaving but can’t find it. He’s gone without telling me or leaving a note to me. I sighed. He’s still trying to avoid me. He’s still feeling guilty about the incident and it’s all my faults.

Well, I’ve made up my mind about him and I’m going to follow both Zara and Claudia advice, not to let him slip out of my fingers. Mike? Well, I’m going to break off with him. He doesn’t seem to bother about me anymore and why should I bother about him. I took my phone from the side table. I’m going to call him now and I don’t even care what time it is now over there. I’m over and done with him.

As I was about to dial Mike number, my bedroom door opened and came in Nate. He didn’t leave! He’s still around to take care of me. I so excited and immediately put the phone away smiling sweetly at him. He smile back and came to sit besides me.

 “Are you feeling better?” he asked touching my forehead and at the same time remove the hair from my eyes.

“Yeah,” I nodded. My heart was beating so fast just at feeling of his touch. “I thought you’ve gone to college,” I said softly.

He chuckled, “I can’t leave you when you are sick. I’ve given the responsibility to take care of you. So that’s what I am doing.” Oh! He took care of me because he felt responsible not because he really wanted to. I felt a little bit disappointed.

“I’ve cooked breakfast,” he smiled proudly and when I gave him a surprised look he raised his eyebrows teasingly at me, “I’ve told you I can cook and I’m proving it to you today.”

“Hmm,” I smiled teasing at him, ‘I can’t wait to taste them.”

“Good, then,” he said and stood up at the same time, “You want to have it in here or….?”

“In the kitchen with you,” I cut him off.

He smiled, “I’ll wait for you outside then,” and walked out. 

I immediate got up and dashed into the bathroom taking a quick shower and getting myself ready in a record time. He was whistling happily when I entered the kitchen with him standing near the stove wearing an apron looking so cute.

He smiled when he saw me, “Wow, you look so cute,” I chuckled.

“Hmm, I’ll take that as a compliment,” rolling his eyes playfully at me, “Have a set. Breakfast will be served soon.”

I playfully salute him and sit down. He walked towards me with two plates in hand. He put one in front of me. He cooked a sunny side up and a sausage. He purposely decorated the sausage making it look like its smiling at me.

I laughed, “Mom used to serve like this when we were young.”

“Yeah, I remember,” he nodded, “I just want to make sure you have the appetite to eat when you see the food smiling at you,” he chuckled.

I looked at the food and decided to tease him, “Are you sure it safe to eat?”

“Hey,” he playfully scolded, “I assure you it safe,” pouring the juice into our glasses. “Coffee madam?” he offered.

“Yes, please, kind sir,” I teased. He laughed and sat opposite me.

We continued chatting, laughing and teasing while eating. Things seem to be back to normal as we both have avoided talking about the last incident. After finished breakfast Nate forced me to take my medicine even though I’ve assure him that I’m feeling better.