Chapter 18

Chapter 18

SHY

I’ve been crying to sleep ever since that day. My heart felt so broken.  Every time I close my eyes, I could only see Nate. I thought avoiding him was the best solution but instead it makes the matter worst. I missed his smile, his laughed, his voice, his teases, his charm and everything about him. I’m longing to be in his arms, desired to be with him, to have him hold and hug me tightly, comforting me when I’m down,  caring for me and most of all to feel his lips on mine again

Am I really a bad person? Who’s longing for someone else other than my own boyfriend? I never miss or longing for anyone as I felt for Nate right now. When Mike and I were apart I do missed him, but never really longing for him. I missed talking to him that’s all and now more than a month we’ve not been contacting each other, I didn’t felt heartbroken. Angry maybe but I don’t really bothered anymore. Does this mean I didn’t love Mike anymore? Does this mean I’m really falling for Nate? Or it is just lust?

“You looked horrible Shy,” complained Zara my neighbour when we were in car on our way to college. She’s our senior and majoring in International Relations. She’s one of our Student’s Boards and this year will be her final year. She’s been very active in all the activities conducted by the college and she’s amazingly beautiful. Nate was the one who introduced us and instantly we become good friend. She’s like a sister I never had. I’ve been going and coming back from college with her ever since that day, giving reason that Nate has other things to do.

I sighed, “I haven’t had enough sleep lately,” I told her.

“It about Nate isn’t it?” she asked. “Don’t lie, I have eyes you know. I can see. Both of you look horrible. If you both love each other, just forgive and forget,” she shrugged.

“It’s not what you think. Our situation is different and complicated,” I told her looking at my fingers.

“Tell me what so different and complicated?” giving me a serious look. I hesitated.

“Shy, who knows I could help,” she said softly, “I hate seeing you like this.” I looked at her and sighed and finally relating to her the situation I was in, about my relationship and feelings for Nate.

“All this while I thought Nate is your boyfriend,” she chuckled.

I let out a nervous laughed, “Who ever gives you that idea?”

“Well,” she smirked, “The way you both treat each other.”

“I thought I treat him the same with the rest of the guys,” I denied.

“No, you did not,” she stressed. “I’ve been observing both of you. You act different when you were with him and he’s too. I could see how jealous you both were when other girls or guys talked and laughed with either of you, especially you. You looked as if you want to kill all those girls,” she laughed. “And the way Nate looked and treated you. Gosh, you both look adorable together, don’t you know that?” she added, “I envied both of you and it a waste if you let Nate go.”

I sighed, “But what about my boyfriend? I can’t just leave him like that can I?”

“Are you sure your boyfriend is thinking the same way about you? Are you sure that your boyfriend don’t have anyone else with him right now?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” I replied softly, “We haven’t been contacting each other for nearly a month now. He never even bothered to call me. He would give his reason as busy every time I call him and cut short our conversation.”

“Well don’t get me wrong when I say this Shy,” she chuckled, “From what you’ve told me, I think he’s not as loyal as you think he is, but I might be wrong. Well, maybe he’s really is busy but he can’t always be busy to call someone that he love or care, can he?”