Chapter 12: The Final Choice

A/N: Hey guys, I realized today that I really wanted to start writing my next book so I decided to fit everything into a last chapter. Don't be mad at me.....I am sorry. My, how fast time goes! This is the conclusion to the story!! ~Author-chan~

------Your POV------

You closed your eyes. You couldn't believe it. Does this mean what you thought it meant? Yes! It does! You remembered figuring out that Sebastian was a demon shortly after you met him. But you hadn't matched this with the fact that his nails were painted the darkest shade of black you had ever seen. Now, it makes sense.

You looked over to the unconcious demon that was laying down on a makeshift mat just like yours right next to you. All the memories came back, and all the pieces had fallen into place.

This is what happened (or so it's how you remembered it panning out.) You remember that you were struggling to get out of Sebastian's grip on you for he was about to throw you into the water. Telling him before that you couldn't swim the best had competely escaped you mind when you were all of a sudden tossed across the radius of the lake.

Next, you remembered not being able to breathe and struggling to stay above the water's surface. Failing this resulted in you drowning. The darkness overpowering the light as you painfully felt your soul disconnect with your physical body. But that was the last of what you remembered.

You gasped when you finally completely understood just what lengths Sebastian took to save you. You had read about this when you spent all your time in the library; you had found many interesting books about the history of demons, their culture, and obviously how to turn someone. He had done just that, turned you into a demon using his own soul. And the fact that you woke up before he did also told you that he used more than half his soul to bring you back. And for that you very grateful.

You laid your head down right next to Sebastian's head and cupped his face with your hands. Studying him closely, you saw that he was much, much paler than he usually was. And that was saying something right there.

After a short while, the door opened to reveal a young girl. She couldn't be any older than the young master, maybe a little, but not much......so what was she doing taking care of two demons? Just as you finished the thought, you caught sight of pitch black fingernails. Your eyes widened just a smidgen.

"Well, hello there!" She was a little too excited. almost on the brink of insanity. "It's nice of you to finally join us! I was just spekaing with the pirate-......er....young master, and he said he was going to stay here with you and dear brother over here..." your eyes shot open, this girl is Sebastian's sister??? Well, I guess that explains the black nail polish. I wondered who those mysterious letters were from.....

"You, young lady," she addressed me as if I was a child. Oh, I guess, she is a demon's sister, so she must be at least as old as he his, and only god knows how much that is, "I have heard lots about you from dear brother here. According to him, you two are mates."

"I suppose you could say we are, yes. But why are you here? Shouldn't you be in Hell or something? I mean, unless you are working- wait, WHERE AM I??" The realization hit you that you had no damn clue where the hell you were at.

"Oh, yeah, hehehe, you are in the basement of the Barrymore manor." She giggled. The giggling was starting to creep you out a bit, it was getting a little excessive. After that, she just re-positioned you so that you were comfortably laying down and she ordered you to get some more rest.

"One more question, before you leave," you caught her attention right before she exited the room and you pointed to Sebastian, "is he going to be alright?" Tears started streaming down your face. Sebastian couldn't die, he just couldn't.