Twenty Eight: The Contract 1

The rest of the story will take place now in the current time

Michael stared into the mirror looking at the pale lifeless reflection of himself. He tried backing out of the trial today because he felt like he was going to lose. Capital Records is one of the biggest record labels out there. With them signing the contract so long ago, they need to get off the record label.

Maybe their managers are just horrible and treated them so poorly. Nobody understands how someone can get away with everything that has been done.
Either way, they want off the label. The label allowed these horrible things to happen.

"You ready to go?" Luke asked while fixing his tie. Michael's sad dark green eyes met Luke's bright blue eyes.

"No." Michael said while scratching the back of his head awkwardly. Michael walked out of the bathroom and to the window of their hotel room that showed off the city. He loves LA and it makes him sad to know that he is here under such bad circumstances.

"We got this Michael, don't stress it." Michael scoffed.

"Let's just get this done and over with."

*
The courthouse was an absolute mad house. Every news station and reporter in the city was at this courthouse. Crowds and crowds of fans covered the streets causing streets to be shut down. Huge security guards guided the four boys and their families to the doors. Michael stayed close to Luke, afraid of losing him. But they got into the courthouse with almost no problem.

Michael looked over and say Jake who is with their management talking to a news reporter.

"Do you plan on winning this case Mr. Adams?" she asked and held the microphone up to him and he smirked once he saw Michael.

"Of course, a contract was broken. The jury will have their decision today." Michael actually cringed. He was hoping that they would win the case. He quickly looked away and followed the band into the court room and saw there was many people sitting in there.

He sat in the front row along with his band and he saw their lawyers sitting in the table in front of them. He felt his anxiety rise through his body. This was actually happening, at court fighting their record label. This was supposed to be about what he loves doing, making music and playing that music to fans. His record label has ruined his spirit, confidence, and sanity in almost every way possible.

"So there might be a time where you are all asked to up to the stand and you will be questioned. I know Michael and Leo are definitely going up." Luke looked over at Michael to see his face paled. He quietly intertwined his hand with Michaels and he felt the boy's body relax.

"That's fine." Luke responded and their lawyer nodded.

*

"First to the stand, Leonard." Leo quickly but quietly makes his way to the stand.

"So Leonard—"

"Just call me Leo, I hate my full name." Michael snickered from the crowd which caused a few glances. The record labels lawyer whose name is Bill coughed awkwardly before continuing.

"You started the famous group 5 Seconds of Summer, is that correct." The grumpy man stated as he stood in front of Leo who looked the least bit intimidated.

"Correct."

"Can you tell me all the members that were in the band?" Leo rolled his eyes.

"Michael Clifford, Calum Hood, Ashton Irwin, and myself."

"and it's become known that you had an intimate relationship with Mr. Clifford?" tension took over in the room and there was a few awkward looks from people. The jury just looked over at Michael who shrunk down in his seat.

"That is correct." Leo said proudly with a smile on his face.

"because you are so proud of the relationship why did it come to an end?" Leo's smile dropped

"Because our management team didn't approve of
us dating, in fact they hired me a beard and actually wanted me to have a relationship with her and completely drop him altogether." Bill still had a stern look on his face.

"So you chose the women over Michael?" Leo glared and Michael felt a lump grow in his throat from the memory of what actually happened. Something that he would never forget...

"No, I'll tell you what actually happened."

Leo stormed into the hotel room with an angry facial expression. He couldn't believe the meeting he just had with management. They went on and on about the contract and how they couldn't allow him and Michael to be together? Are you serious?

"Leo? What's wrong?" Michael asked while walking out of the bathroom with bright red hair. Leo's anger left his body just seeing the boy he was so in love with.

"Michael, we have to talk about something."

"What's wrong babe?" Michael asked while trying to grab Leo's hand but Leo awkwardly backed away.

"Look management hired me a beard." Michaels eyes widened. He knew that they didn't like Michael and Leo being together but they said that they would deal with it. He didn't think they would deal with it like this.

"Are you serious??" Michael with a mixture of sadness and anger.

"Her name is Arzalia or something." Leo said and sat down on the bed while rubbing at his face.

"So what does that mean then?!" Leo sadly looks up at Michael and they both knew what was about to happen.

Neither wanted it to happen but it's almost like it had to happen. Leo didn't want it to mess with the band and their success.

"I think we should take a break, babe."

"And we both agreed that was the right thing to do cause we wanted the band to stay on the label and make it without any issues." Leo explained and Michael had tears in his eyes but refused to let them fall.

"Were you not aware that it stated on the contract, homosexuality is not tolerated?" Bill asked while grabbing the contract with all the signatures. Leo's eyes widened.

The whole bands eyes widened from the first row and some gasp were heard from the crowd.

"What are you talking about?"

Bill handed him the paper and his eyes read over the paper and saw it was actually highlighted.

Homosexuality is NOT tolerated under the contract and a beard will be assigned to cover said rule. If rule is broken, actions will be taken.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Leo snapped while standing up in anger and the judge suddenly hit the gavel.

"Take a seat!" Leo looked at Michael with wide eyes while Michael looked down in shame.

This is gonna be a nightmare