chapter 20:

Reader P.O.V.:
I wake up and notice that Kurapika is still asleep. I look up at him and kiss him gently. He wakes up and looks at me. When our eyes meet he smiles and pulls me closer.

"Good morning," he says.

"Good morning," I reply.

"We need to go back today. Do you wanna go back?" Kurapika asks me.

"I don't know... Of course I can just stay away but you have to go back. So although I totally don't like it I think I should go back," I answer. Kurapika smiles and kisses my forehead.

"I'll protect you. From monsters and screaming fathers," Kurapika says. I chuckle.

"Ready to go?" Melody appears in the door opening.

"Yeah," I answer before standing up. Kurapika follows and we walk to the exit where Killua, Gon and Leorio are waiting.

"Bye!" Gon says, happy and waving.

"Don't get yourself killed," Killua mentions.

"Stay well!" Leorio wishes us.

"Bye, guys!" I yell, tears forming in my eyes. They are my first real friends and I'll miss them so much! I hug them one by one and walk back to Melody and Kurapika. So we walk off, waving to the three boys and yelling bye untill there out of sight.

"I'm gonna miss them," I mention.

"We can still call them," Kurapika says, holding up his phone.

"I'm sure we can meet up again soon," Melody adds.

"I hope so." I can see the hotel where my father and sister currently stay.

"I'm sure they'll be happy to see you," Kurapika says while grabbing my hand. I squeeze his hand as we walk in and continue our way to the hotel room.

We finally arrived at the hotel room and Melody knocks. My father opens the door and looks down at me. "Where have you been?!" he only asks.

"I was at the place of some friends," I answer.

"Which friends?"

"Killua, Gon and Leorio."

"Why don't I know them?"

"I met them here, in the park," I answer honest.

"Get in and to your room!" my father commands. I look to the ground, trying to hide the tears stinging in my eyes.

"You aren't even happy to see your own daughter?!" I look to the side and see Kurapika. "You even know how amazing she is?" I blush and look up to my father. His face is probably even more red than mine but from anger.

"Shut up, you!" he orders Kurapika. "You are here to work for me so don't talk back at me!"

"I worked for you because I wanted to find the Phantom Troupe. Now I know that they're dead the only reason I am staying here is because of (Y/N)," Kurapika calmly says. I can see my fathers face get more red with every word. It's scary to see him like this and so I'll take Kurapika's hand for a safer feeling.

"I get it. You think it's all cool to be able to hurt people from a distance and all. It's a horrible thing to do! Don't you see she is actually hurting people!" my father yells. Something in me breaks. I don't want to hurt people. I didn't choose for this Nen.

"You're wrong. You think she isn't worth anything because she doesn't bring you like Neon does. But she is more worth than any of you together. She sees that there is more in this world than money and that makes (Y/N) special. If you'll excuse me." And with that word Kurapika walks away. I tighten my grip on his hand and walk with him.

"You are fired if you walk away now! And (Y/N), get back here this instant!" my father yells.

"I quit."

I look up at Kurapika who enters the elevator and presses the little buttons, ordering the elevator to go back down.

"You wanted to see the world, right?" Kurapika says.

Kurapika P.O.V.:
That man pisses me off... "You wanted to see the world, right?" I ask (Y/N). Her eyes brighten as she hears it.

"Yes!" she answer.

"Than I'll show you, maybe we'll run into Gon, Killua of Leorio on our way," I say.

"B-but... You're job, don't you mind?" (Y/N) asks.

"You're so much more important than a stupid job. We can make money by doing little tricks with Nen and travel for free with the Hunter license," I answer.

She blushes and looks down. "Thank you," she says.

"I'll give up anything for you," I say. The doors of the elevator open and we walk out. "So where do you wanna go first?"

Sorry that it took so long!
I hope this chapter makes up to it.
If you have any ideas or wishes for them to go please leave them in the reactions, I'll try to work it out.
Also leave your opinion about my ideas;
1. should Kurapika and (Y/N) find Gon and Killua and also be players of Greed Island.
2. They find Leorio and continue a new adventure with him (I'm not gonna tell what ;-) )

Anyways, thanks for waiting and voting on my story in the Watty awards!

Otaku Power!!!
Romantic_Princessxx