3-Paranoia

I pull into Storybrooke at 1:22 a.m. I'm absolutely exhausted, so I drive until I find a parking lot and park my car in it before I pass out, my lilac blanket pulled over me in the driver's seat.
  I wake up to my usual alarm on my laptop. I have it set for six-thirty in the morning, so I could drive off before anyone got suspicious back in New York. I pull the braid out of my hair and brush it out. I touch up my makeup, shove a change of clothes into my backpack, and concentrate on what today could mean. I could finally be accepted. I rub the mysterious scars on my shoulder, nervous habit, before pushing my door open. I look up at the place I'm parked in front of.
  It's a quaint little diner, fit for the quaint little town it's nestled in. It looks almost like a house with stairs leading up to a porch and overhang. It's a white building and there are wooden picnic tables out front. There's a small light blue lit sign with a red arrow pointing to the building and the words "Granny's Diner" illuminated on it. I sling my backpack over my shoulder and venture up to it.
  As I pull the door open, a bell alerts the employees that someone's entered. To my right there's a bar facing the kitchen, and to my left there are tables and booths. It's not packed, but there are a few people there. A girl in a skimpy outfit behind the counter greets me.
  "Hey, name's Ruby. What can I get you?" She asks, seeming disinterested. She had red streaks in her brunette hair and big blue eyes. Her lips were way too red to be natural.
  "Um... Do you have iced tea?" I ask.
  "Yep. One iced tea?" She clarifies.
  "Yes please. Where's your restroom?" I question. She points to the back of the diner.
  "Down that hallway on your left. I'll have that iced tea for you when you're done," She says. I thank her and rush in the direction she pointed.
  I swing the stall door closed behind me and hang my backpack on the hook. I pull my grey and black hoodie over my head and wiggle my black skinny jeans off over my shoes. I hang them both over the side of the stall so they don't fall and pull out a floral top and distressed jeans from my backpack. I put them both on before shoving my hoodie and jeans into my backpack and slinging it back over my shoulder.
  "One iced tea," I hear the girl, Ruby, call out as soon as I reappear from the restroom.
  "Thank you," I say and sit down at the bar. I sip my iced tea in peace until I feel someone staring at me. I turn my back to see a woman with short black hair and a scar on her lip, dressed in a tight gray dress, talking to a blonde woman wearing a red leather jacket. They're both staring at me intently as they carry out their conversation. I notice the blonde woman has a sheriff badge on her jeans. I quickly turn back around and try to focus my attention on my tea.
  Someone taps me on the shoulder.
  "Woah! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, Ruby!" I shout in apology as I jumped and knocked over my tea.
  "It's no problem. Would you like another?" She smiles as she grabs a rag to clean it up.
  "Sure, thanks. But please, let me clean the mess," I beg.
  "No, it's really okay. I can do it, no worries," She tells me. I nod unsure, but turn my attention back to the person who tapped me. The blonde woman.
  "Hey, my name is Emma. I'm the sheriff," She introduces herself and holds her hand out to me to shake. I hesitantly accept. "What's your name?" She asks.
  "Audrey..." I say quietly.
  "It's nice to meet you, Audrey. What brings you to Storybrooke?" She continues interrogating me.
  "Well, I'm here looking for my family. I was away at school," I lie.
  "I see. How old are you?"
  "Sixteen." Another lie.
  "Well, enjoy your time in storybrooke, Audrey." She gets up and walks away. I bite my lip, grab my bag, and rush out the door to my car.