Chapter 8

Chapter 8

(King's Pov)

"Don't cry, I'm sorry Keara." I fought tears, I wasn't an emotional crying type nigga but seeing BabyGirl sad always put me in my feelings.

"Daddy you promised me." She cried out.

"I promised what?".

"You promised you weren't gonna do anything bad nomore, so you won't have to leave me again." She explained.

"Princess I'm not leaving you again." I meant that with all honesty unless, God forbid, I died, but as far as going back to jail go, Never.

Two years ago I was facing ten years but with my over payed lawyer I end up doing a year and probation. Keara and I were both affected by my bad decisions. That was the first time she and I separated since her birth. The day I got out I promised her I would never leave again, that's the reason I was leaving the game and handing it to my man Ace. The money I've saved over the years was enough for me to live, not just comfortable, but good for another 50 years plus I had my construction gig in which paid handsomely.

"But you hit Taresa."

"I'm not going to jail though." At least I hope not.

"Oh okay, I see now, it's okay to fight if the person is mean to you. Why was she mean to me anyway? she's always nice." Keara wiped her eyes thinking she had figured everything out.

"No, Keara what I did was very wrong. If a person didn't touch you, you don't touch them and I don't know." I answered, even though I knew exactly what the problem was.

"Okay dad."

"Keara look at me."

She looked at me and resembling her mom more than ever, from her grey eyes to her dimples.

"Never let a man call you a bitch or hit you, don't allow that period, ever, even if he apologizes." I spoke firmly.

"Okay dad, I promise I won't." She kissed my cheek and ran to her play room.

I started packing Taresa's clothes. I sorta blamed myself for this situation. I shouldn't of had her around Keara knowing she had feelings for me. Bitches will key your cars, poison your food, hurt your children, etc when their feelings are hurt.

Three hours later Taresa showed up.

"Taresa....."

Before I could finish she pushed past me.

"I'm going to live with my sister."

"Cool." I said nonchalantly.

She walked up to Keara before entering the room with her stuff.

"Keara I'm so sorry about this, I love you and maybe I'll see you again."

"It's okay, love you too." Keara went back to playing with her toys seeming unaffected.

"Wow, you had already packed my stuff?" A tear rolled down her cheek.

"Yeah, It ain't safe for Keara to be around this shit."

"I admit I was wrong, but you know I would never do anything to hurt her, I love that lil girl. It's just that I've gave you my heart and you just act like..like... I'm another hoe."

"Taresa you know how I am I explained that from the beggining. I've never had a girlfriend and I'm not looking for one and I've never been in love and I don't want that either but to take your anger out on Keara is going to the extreme."

"Okay, I understand." She grabbed her bags.

Deep deep down inside I felt guilty. Seeing tears flow from her eyes made me realize how much i'd hurt her. I was the reason for her rude behavior.