Chapter 2

Chapter 2

(Patience's pov)

I got out of the club as quickly as possible after I seen my ex boyfriend Snake.

Snake and I had history, extremely violent history. He felt like I was his property. He beat me, verbally abused, and raped me every chance he had. One day while he was drunk and asleep I took that as an opportunity to get away. I packed all my stuff and never returned. That's how I ended up here in Louisiana. Being that I had absolutely no one in the U.S to depend on for help, no family here and Snake didn't allow me to have friends, so I left Houston, trying to protect myself from him.

"What the fuck was he doing here?" I thought to myself still shook up from the sight of him. I hadn't seen him in 5 years.

"Oh my God did he see me? If so I wonder did he recognize me." Questions entered my head back to back and I began to panick.

Making sure I wasn't being followed, I did 90 all the way home so I got there fairly quick.

I said a quick prayer before I laid down and before long I was asleep.

The next morning:

The next morning I woke up beyond excited.

Beep beep beep! My alarm sounded letting me know it was time to get up for work.

It was my first day at work for the year. Getting away from Snake was the best thing that has happened in my life simply because I was able to attend college and follow my dreams of becoming a school teacher. Today was the start of it all, I had my first kindergarten class.

I pulled out my fitted dress skirt and my pink silky button down with my all black red bottoms and hopped in the shower. After curling my hair and putting on light makeup I was ready and on the road.

"Hello class! My name is Ms.Brown but you can call me Ms.B if you'd like. I would like to get to know each and every one of you so lets go around the class and everyone say their name and something they like to do, starting with you." I said trying to pronunciate every word correctly and pointing at a little boy with the yellow shirt.

"Hi my name is Tyler and I like to draw." He spoke while looking down turning red.

Each one of my students took turns doing this but it's one little girl that caught my eye.

"My name is Keara Smith, I'm 5 and I like spending time with my dad. His name is King Smith and he buys me whatever I want." She spoke loud, clear and bravely.

That put me off into a deep thought. I always wondered what it was like to have a father. He traded me in for Cash when I was younger.

I quickly snapped out of my thought and went back to my lesson plan, I could tell this was going to be a fun rather exciting year.