Chapter 5

^^^^^^^

Patience Brown (Ms. B)

Chapter 5

(Patience's Pov)

I greeted each of my students as they walked into the bright colorful classroom.

"Here Ms.B this is from my dad. He said to make sure you read the card." My student Keara handed me a big, big bouquet of red roses and a card.

I could feel her grey eyes piercing through me as I read the card.

--Ms.B, hmmm, B must stand for Beautiful. Aiight I quit, I ain't the one to spit game but I do wanna get to know you so call me 540-2836.

"Okay thanks Keara go take a seat at your desk." I told her slightly blushing but quickly wiped my smile away when I actually thought about who the flowers were sent from.

Keara's father reminded me of my ex Snake and all the other guys who had tried to date me. That whole hood demeanor was a turn off for me. Snake was the only guy I'd ever dated, he kept me laced in the latest fashion but literally put me through hell every chance he got. I was mistreated, abused, then showered with gifts and for that I hated dope boys and I promised myself if I ever was to date again he would be far from hood and older than 25.

I through the card in the trash and put the flowers in a vase. I admired the scent and the beauty of each rose petal so I decided to keep them.

The whole day Keara kept eyeing me, I just smiled at her. She was so pretty and innocent but at the same time way too mature for a 5 year old. I'd only hope my daughter would be the same way whenever I, better yet, If I ever have kids.

While the children watched an educational movie, I graded papers. Easy work being that I taught a kindergarten class. Before I knew it, time had gone by and it was time to go home.

I spoke with parents and said goodbye to each of my students as they left.

"Keara do you think your dad will arrive soon?" I asked, not really caring that my accent dominated each word, being that it was just she and I in the classroom, it didn't matter.

"I don't know Ms.B, can I call him?" She asked sounding disappointed.

I grabbed her little cheek causing her to smile then handed her my phone. "Sure Keara."

"Daddy, where are you? I'm always the only one left, you promised daddy." Keara spoke sounding like she was close to crying.

"I'm so sorry baby, I'll be there in a few minutes." I could hear him speaking through the phone, I just rolled my eyes.

"Drugs and money always come first to them." I thought silently as I watched her play with her bookbag zipper.

"Keara what would you like to do tomorrow, it's suppose to rain so we're not going to have recess but we could play a game or watch a movie?"

"Can we color? I wanna draw my daddy a picture." She asked, sounding excited before even getting an answer from me.

"Okay, make sure you bring your crayons."

I was starting to get impatient. I was ready to go home, take a bubble bath and simply relax.

"Baby Girl!" I heard a deep voice call out.

I looked up to see Keara's dad dressed in a Armani suit, my eyes lit up and I honestly couldn't stop watching him as he embraced Keara.

"Damn he look good." I bit my lip not even realizing they were both looking at me.

"Did you get the flowers?" He asked smirking.

I quickly snapped out of it.

"Yes, I got them Mr. Smith." I laughed at my inside joke.

"What's funny?" He asked almost sounding defensive.

"Nothing, you look ... Different today." I said checking him out from head to toe.

"Oh yeah, I gotta go to a meeting about my construction company."

He handed me a business card.

"I'm laying off ten workers so if you know anyone who's looking for a job, give em my number." He said looking directly into my eyes.

"Okay." I got my purse and walked behind them, out of the class room, down the hallway.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He said while flashing his clean smile.

"Hmm okay, don't be late tomorrow." I said, half way joking, as they walked out.