Vacation

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

BRITNEY'S POV

The drive to the beach house was crap. It took atleast two hours to drive to the house. Before I left, I packed the best summer clothes I could find. I packed a lot of crop-tops and shorts. I have a couple of dresses packed and like one skirt. I packed my neon orange bikini and some other clothes that I don't feel like explaining. 

The house is absolutely amazing. The kitchen-no the whole house- is like my dream house. Don't even get me started on the view. It is so pretty. You can see the beach and the pacific ocean. It's like the wallpapers you can get on your phone of the ultimate beach scene. That is how pretty it is.

I decide to explore the town that is by the beach house. All I have to say is that the surfer boys with blonde hair and the whole no shirt abs combination. My wolf has to go all mate on me and say

"Yeah, well our mate looks a whole lot better than any dumb blonde surfer dude."

I have to say she is right, but I am not gonna admit it to anyones face. I don't know to give Adrian another chance though. It doesn't help that my wolf keeps putting her thoughts and feelings in my head. I mean I love my wolf and all, but I really don't want to make a decision off of her pressure. I just want to be able to decide for myself. I guess I will keep thinking it over.

Back to the boys!! I met a really cute boy named Jackson and he asked me to go to a beach party with him. I said 'Yes' after I got to really know him. Well, I mean as much as you can over a starbucks coffe for about three hours. I'll tell you what I know.

1) He is really cute.

2) His favorite color is red.

3) He is into sports and cars.

4) His favorite food is pepperoni pizza.

5) He always has dessert before any other meal at dinner.

Oh and the most important fact.

6) He is gay.

He has become a friend of mine. It also helps that he is a werewolf yet to find his mate. He said that he has been searching, but never came out successful. I offered for him to join Adrian's pack since he could possibly find his mate. I knew that if I asked Adrian he would jump at the chance AFTER I told him that Jackson is gay. After I told Jackson this, he agreed very quickly if you ask me. 

I feel like I can really trust Jackson- or Jack for short- with any secret I might have. I trusted him enough that I told him about being rejected and basically my whole life story. After that we spent every day getting to know each other. The party we went to was really great. 

I remember some events that happened that night, but not a lot considering that I was drinking a lot. I remember dancing with some guys, but I mostly danced with Jack. I even might have danced on the pool table and did some singing. I did drink from the keg though. Let me tell you that the next morning I really regreted it.

I woke up with the biggest hang-over ever. I don't even know how that was possible. I mean I am a werewolf and werewolves didn't normally get drunk. Whatever. Atleast I had fun.

Now, Jack and I are on our way back to Adrian's pack. I am currently talking to him about what he thinks of me giving Adrian another chance. We started to talk it over.

A/N (BRITNEY SPEAKING IS REGULAR FONT AND JACKSON SPEAKING IS IN ITALICS.)

"What do you think I should do about the whole Adrian situation?"

"I don't think you should just string him along".

"What do you mean?".

"I mean he sounds like an ass, but at the same time he cares for you. All I am saying is that if you really don't have any feelings at all, then don't give him hope and act like you do".

"Okay. I get what your saying."

" The big question is if you have any type of feelings at all for Adrian. Like do you want to always be around him or dress differently just to impress him? Do you want his attention on you? Do you get jealous seeing him even talking to other girls? Do you have any feelings for Adrian?".

" I don't know if I have feelings for Adrian. I mean, yes, I like having him around when I don't want to hurt him. I have started wearing more crop-tops, but that just complements my bad ass look. I don't really care if his attention is on me, but I don't really like it when he looks at other girls. When ever he does I always get a pain in my chest like.....my......heart.......hurts? But that's just from the mate bond. Right?".

"Okay girl. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but I think that you do have a little bit of feelings for Adrian. I mean you might not love him, but I am pretty sure that you do like him. Like when you were with Blaine. You always kissed him and stuff around Adrian to make him jealous right?".

"Yeah. I guess you are right. I did try to make him jealous. I guess I do like Adrian. Maybe not a lot, but I definetly do have feelings for Adrian. What should I do now?".

" Well  one thing you have to figure out is how you want to play it. Bad ass or good girl?".

" Man Jacky. I feel sad that you even had to ask. Bad ass definetly bad ass".

"Good. Now you know how you said that he did some things you couldn't forgive him for yet?"

Instead of saying anything, I nod my head 'Yes' and Jack continues.

"Well..... I was thinking. Maybe we should make him seriously work.".

"Okay. Keep going. I'm listening. You got me interested."

" How about we make him like take you on dates and show how much he wants you back?".

"Yeah!!!! That's a great idea. What should we call our mater plan?".

" We should call it Clarkson".

"Uhhh....Why?".

" Well.... Kelly Clarkson sings 'Since You Been Gone' and I have a feeling that that song shows how Adrian felt when you ran away".

"Okay! That will work. Ohhhh!!! Look!!! We're pulling up to the pack land. I can't wait until you get to meet everyone especially your mate if he is here".

He nodded and swallowed nervously. I would have said something to make him feel better, but he isn't the type of person who likes to share his feelings. He likes to keep them to himself, but that is okay with me because honestly I wouldn't know what to say.

As we pull into pack lands, all I can think is:

Let Operation Clarkson begin.