chappie 8

My mother rarely showed that much expression. This time, I just saw shock. Niall looked down at his shoes but even I could see his ears become red. My mum looked between both of us, her green eyes standing out on her face as dazed.

"Mum...?"

She showed me her index finger as if she wanted me to stay quiet. I shut my mouth and approached Niall who had his face buried in his arms. I plopped myself next to him and grinned at my mother. I slid closer to Niall and pulled him onto my lap. Niall squirmed and tried to pull away but I restrained his arms. I used my finger to raise his chin so he could look at me. He looked paler than unusual. He rolled his eyes at me before I planted a quick kiss on his lips. His blue eyes widened but his lips softened under mine.

"Harry Edward Styles!" My mother yelled from across the room. I knew that would snap her out of it. "I thought you like women?"

"Well, I did...until I met Niall." Niall flew off my lap and stood smack in the middle of my mum and I. My mother cleared her throat and stuck out her hand. Niall slowly shook it before letting go. I snickered at the awkwardness in my room.

"Harry, you never came across as a homosexual."

"How were you even sure I came across as heterosexual...You know nothing about me."

The words hung in the air and my mother flinched. She smoothed down her grey skirt and walked towards me. She placed her small hand on my face and gave me a kiss on my cheek.

"Well Niall, I am Harry's mother, call me Ms Cox..."

"Cocks..."I murmured and laughed to myself. Niall eyed me with disgust and then smiled at my mum.

"Nice to meet you."

My mother clapped her hands together, jumping the shit out of me.

"Now Harry, It's time to leave. Your father and I are letting you stay with us in the office to observe the way a lawyer acts in the office with various clients. It's-"

"I'm staying in Spain for 1 more week."

My mother laughed and smiled at Niall.

"Why are you attracted to Harry? He's easy on the eyes but...he's lazy and has no direction in life."

"Mum, I'm in fricking Cambridge...isn't that enough?"

"That's never enough," She replied sternly.

"I now remembered why I hate to visit you guys."

Mt mother's jaw dropped and she just stood there. Whatever. I grabbed Niall, who was pretending to be examining a chair, and walked out of the hotel room, leaving my mother behind.

I dragged Niall down the white corridor to the elevator, which was occupied by children. I sighed and fit in between the two kids with ice cream dripping on their shirts. Niall fixed his green cap and bit insied his cheeks. His white tank shirt was a mere inch of getting stained by that child's ice cream. I pulled Niall back into me and hugged him.

"Erm Harry..."

I ignored him and wrapped my arms tightly around his shoulders. He sighed and allowed it until we were walking towards the pool.

"Nialler!" Louis was running towards us with a huge grin spread on his face.

"Hey Haz!" I waved at Louis and Niall started a conversation with him.

Who the hell does my mother feels she is? Well, she's my mother but I'm 18. She needs to leave me alone. She keeps on harassing me with school. Don't even let me start about my father...