Chapter 35

COLLEEN'S POV

Cheerleading try outs. Why not. Might as well. Especially if it gets under Chelsea's skin. I smirk to myself as Chelsea and her minions approach the girls trying out.

'We only have 3 spots to fill. The best will take a spot on the squad. So ladies we're going to show you a quick and easy routine and you've got to memorise it and show us at your individual auditions. Also in the audition you will do the routine and get to show us what you can do and what you can bring to the squad. Everyone understand!' I look around and see a few worried faces. 'Right watch and learn girls!' Chelsea shouts.

Music starts playing. And the cheerleaders start dancing. I watch closer remembering every single move. The routine is quickly over.

'That's the routine you've now got 15 minutes to practice and then the auditions start. Good luck!' As she finishes her sentence she notices me sat at the back of the crowd. Her face drops. All the girls around me move away to start practicing I sit still not worrying about practicing.

Chelsea walks over to me. 'What are you doing here?' She asks. 'What does it look like. I'm here to try out for the squad.' I say with a smirk. She raises her eyebrow. 'Oh hunny, you seriously think you have a chance!' She says placing a hand on my shoulder. I look at her face then her hand then back to her face. 'You might want to move your hand there 'hunny'!' She slowly moves her hand and wipes it on her uniform. 'Yeah you're right not catch something!' Her friends laugh. 'Good luck anyway, oh and you might want to practice.' She says walking away. I laugh to myself. How petty can you get.

I look around the room and watch all these girls trying so hard to impress Chelsea. So desperate to get her approval.

The 15 minutes are up and everyone sits on the benches. Names are called out and people start their auditions. After about 5 auditions my names called.

'Everyone embrace yourself for a total disaster!' Says one of Chelsea's minions. They laugh.

I roll my eyes. The music starts playing and I begin the routine. I get every move exact and not a single move wrong. I do the routine to perfection. And Chelsea's minions sat there with their mouth open. 'She didn't even practice.' They mutter. Chelsea didn't look very impressed.

'Right next part of the audition.' She shouts. I take a few steps back to give myself enough room.

Round off back handspring, front handspring front tuck, front tuck round off back handspring, round off back handspring back layout. These are a few of the moves that I perform for my audition.

I finish and the looks on everyone's face is surprise and shock, including Chelsea! 'Right um that's your audition finished please take your seat and after the other auditions we will let you know if you made it or not!' She said grinding her teeth. I smile. I take my seat and notice Scott and the others stood by the entrance. They all look shocked as well. I run over to them.

'Hey guys.' I say. 'Um how did you do that?' Malia asked. 'It's easy!' I say. They all shake their head. 'No it's really not!' I laugh. 'When I lived in London in my spare time I taught myself how to do all that.' They still looked shocked. 'Okay you guys can stop looking shocked now. We've all got our talents.'

'Howcome you didn't tell us!' I shrug my shoulders. 'I don't know in case you told me not too. Plus if I got in I wanted it to be a surprise to be on the squad for your next game Scott.' He smiles and gives me a hug. 'Well anyway I need to get back. I'll give you a text when I'm home.' I say. I wave good bye and head back to my seat.

The rest of the auditions go on and soon come to an end. 'Right girls we are going to discuss who we thought was best and who will be getting a space on the squad!' Instantly loads of the girls come over to me and start asking me questions about how I could do all that stuff.

I told them a little lie about how I did lessons in gymnastics since I was 3. A lot easier then explaining the real reason.

'Right girls. We chose these girls based on their ability and skills in their auditions. The three girls that made it on to the squad are.....' She didn't looks very happy about what she's about to say. 'Emma Tonkin, Scarlet Brown and...' she paused. 'Colleen Hale.' I smirk and look up at her. Her eyes meet mind. She did not look happy.

'Thank you for everyone who tried out the three girls that made it please come here so we can give you your uniform.' I walk forwards tell them my size and collect my uniform. 'I only chose you cause you were the best and I need the best!' Chelsea says without making eye contact. 'Girls please go change so I can see you in your uniform.'

We come back minutes later dressed in the uniform. The uniform was a burgundy skin tight cropped too with long sleeves. It had a white out line around the top and had a mini skirt to match. Not going to lie but I looked good.

After about 10 minutes of examination we were allowed to leave. 'Remember cheerleading practice after school on Wednesday.' I put my hand up in acknowledgement.

I shortly arrive back home and immediately faced with questions from Uncle Peter and Derek. 'Um what are you wearing!?' Peter asks with a slight look of concern on his face. 'It's my new uniform!' I say making my way to the stairs. 'Uniform for what?' Derek questions. 'Cheerleading. I'm on the squad. I thought I've got 5 months left I need to do something to keep my busy so it goes faster. Plus the captain in a Bitch and someone needs to teach her a lesson. She can't stand me and I can't stand her but I showed her today who the best was and it was me. She wasn't happy about that but I was.' I say walking up the stairs.

'Oh that's in fair enough then I guess!' Uncle Peter says.

I lay on my bed and get my phone out to text Scott but as I lay there and got comfy my eyes got heavy and I soon drifted off to sleep.

I open my eyes and everything is pitch black. I wasn't even on my bed I was on the floor. But it wasn't the floor of my bedroom like I had fallen out of bed. It was the floor of the forest. I was covered in mud and leaves and something else as well something wet and warm but I can't figure out what it is. I smell it but it doesn't have a smell. In fact I can't smell anything. I stand up and take a few steps forward. I haven't even got shoes on. What the hell is going on!

'Colleen....' I hear someone whisper my name. I quickly spin around to see who it was. Nothing was there. 'Colleen...' again and again and again. Getting louder and louder. 'COLLEEN!' This time they shouting and I started running. Dodging trees everywhere. I soon arrive at this house. I run into and notice it's been abandoned.

Wait this is my old house. The house I grew up in. Why am I here. 'Colleen.' The voice is there again. 'You're not like the others.' It says. The voice didn't sound right. It sounded like a mans voice. But old and creepy. 'You're different! You're a monster. Look at what you've done.' I look around not able to see much. Then a light turns on in the living room. I slowly walk around and then fall to the floor. I scream and then start crying. I light the notice what that warm liquid was. My hands were covered in blood. My whole body was covered in blood. And my face. I was covered. And now I know why.

I couldn't stop crying. 'This wasn't me. I couldn't!'

'But it was you. Your inner monster! Your true self. You're lying to yourself and need to stop. Embrace your true self.' I crawl over to what was in front of my and starting screaming and crying more. 'No....noooooo!'

Blood was everywhere. All over he floor, the walls and me. I crawl up in a ball and scream more. The lights start flickering as I scream more and more.

Everything goes black and sit up .I continue to scream and scream. Louder and louder. Suddenly two people appear next to me. I keep screaming too scared to open my eyes.

'Colleen wake up! Wake up!' Uncle Peter was saying sounding very concerned. I open my eyes and notice Peter and Derek sat on my bed next to me. 'What's wrong!'

I try to catch my breathe. 'I had a nightmare but it felt so real!'

'What happened?' Derek asked. I started explaining. I said about the Forrest and the voice and the house. 'I was covered in blood head to toe! And then I saw...' I started crying again. 'You were all dead. I had killed you all!'

A/N - another chapter already. Enjoy guys and please vote and comment.