Yato's Route 1: Bored

You yawned as you lied on your futon, watching anime on your cellphone while also eating some chocolate bars. "Boring~ We don't have any jobs today."

"KENNYYYY!!!" The corporal shouted from your phone in rage of what his foe has done.

You fangirled while watching him being chased by the enemy group. "Oh my gosh! Levi! You're so f*cking cool! Please marry me!"

"As if there is a person who's going to marry someone like you." You frowned at the statement of the man who just popped out behind you, eating one of your snacks.

"Shut up, drippy hands! You're just envious that I have someone to admire." You stuck your tongue out, mocking him.

"Huh?! Who are you calling drippy hands, you weaboo shut-in?!" He talked back at you and then quickly backed away. "Besides, I have someone I like."

"Heh? Really? Who is it?" You asked out of curiosity.

He smiled and then winked. "It's a secret~"

You puffed your cheeks in disappointment. "Come on! Aren't you going to tell an old friend your little secret?!"

"Who's an old friend? I don't see one." He teased you.

You turned away, pretending to be upset and continued watching on your phone. "Then go away and don't eat my snacks, you stupid jerk!"

"O-Oi!" He shouted once you grabbed your snacks which he snatched earlier. He became silent for a while before he called you again. "(y/n)."

You continued your little act and ignored him.

"(y/n)~" He called you again in a playful tone. "Oi! (y/n)! Stop ignoring me. Dammit." He clicked his tongue in annoyance.

You finished watching the episode and turned your phone off. You tried to grab your snacks you placed beside you but it disappeared. "Where did it-" You turned to Yato who's now munching on your wafer sticks. "Yato!"

"Oh! What, (y/n)? Are you going to talk to me now?" He said while waving your bag of snacks.

"Hey! Give that back!" You chased after him, reaching for your goods. You had a hard time trying to get it back from him because he was taller than you so you grabbed his body down to the floor with you falling on top of him.

"Ouch! That hurt, you-" He stopped once he realized your position. His face heated up as well as yours.

"S-Sorry, I didn't mean to do that." You tried to stand but his hand gently pushed your head to his chest. You blushed harder and started stuttering. "W-w-what are you doing, Yato?!"

"Can we stay like this for a while?" Yato asked in a gentle voice wrapping his other arm on your waist. "It's been a long time since we last bonded like this again."

You smiled to yourself, thinking about the past when you and Yato were still children. "Those days when we still don't know a single thing about the world? We only looked forward to play at the riverside before." You giggled after remembering one of your memories. "And that one time when you almost drown in the river before after tripping on a rock. Hahaha! You look so stupid."

"S-shut up! That was your fault, you idiot!" Yato defended. "I thought you're going to fall to the river so I chased after you."

You giggled once again. "I wish we could turn those days back and stay there forever." You frowned. "If only those things didn't happened, Nora and Sorata wouldn't-"

"Stop it, (y/n)." Yato ran his fingers to your (h/l) (h/c) hair and stroked it gently which satisfied you. "We can't bring back the past anymore. It was their choice to follow Fa- The Sorcerer after all."

"Your father, huh? I wonder what he's up to right now. I hope it wouldn't affect our friends." You muttered.

"If that happened, I'll protect you, (y/n) so don't worry about it." Yato promised you as he continued on stroking your hair while also hugging you.

The two of you stayed on that position for a while, cherishing the sweet moment until the door opened with a certain blonde haired boy entering it.

"S-Sorry for interrupting!" Yukine closed the door immediately after seeing the two of you.

You get off of Yato with your face as red as a tomato while the delivery god chased after his shinki.

"Oi, Yukine! It's not what you think it is! We're not doing anything like that!" You heard Yato shouted from downstairs.

"L-like what?" You muttered to yourself as you blushed while facing the corner of the room.