¤ 19 ¤

¤ I have a long way to go, but why am I running in one place  ¤

Hoping at least Jungkook would understand her well willingness, Hyeri - albeit still shocked and hurt, headed inside to look for the said male. Little had she expected to receive the reaction - she initially expected from Mimosa, from him. 

"Why did you go talk to her?!" Jungkook immediately jumped up frustrated as she finished her story. 

"To help you of course..." Hyeri seemed to visibly shrink under his - never seen before, intimidating glare. 

"Hyeri don't do unnecessary things for gods sake, when you have no idea of half of the things between us!" Jungkook repeated the exact words Mimosa had said as he brushed his fingers through his hair with force. "Why didn't you at least talk to me first?"

"Why do the both of you call it unnecessary, when you're literally gonna have your surgery in two days Jungkook?!" Hyeri for the first time raised her voice at him with frustration and stepped closer to him as she jammed her finger into his chest. "Are you really giving up without telling her?!"

"Telling her would get me nothing. We would only estrange even more from each other than now!" Jungkook replied just as intense, without raising his voice unneeded.

"If you really believe that, you clearly didn't know her as well as you believed you did!" Hyeri didn't budge under his frustration and continued to drill her gaze into his. "Because you know what she told me?!"

Although he did not answer her, Jungkooks interest was clearly touched and she continued with a deep sigh, "The both of you are so oblivious it's unbearable."

"We know that, but thank you for stating the obvious." Jungkook sounded impatient as she drifted off to another topic.

"Whatever," Hyeri rolled her eyes at him before finally telling him what he really wanted to hear. "She told me she was protecting herself by distancing herself from you. That she could never be what you need Jungkook. She could never be your cure."

"W-what?" Jungkook seemed to be taken aback as the frustration tomed down and he looked at her with a lost look. 

"It's because she doesn't know Jungkook!" Hyeri repeated once again as she threw her hands in the air out of frustration. "Because she's misunderstanding it! You have to clear it up to her!"

"Wait...h-hold on. I know that she doesn't know but why would she tell you that she can't be my cure?" Jungkook stated as he stumbled back into his chair and replayed every moment with Mimosa from the past few weeks. Somehow everything started making more sense and the broken shards fell back into place again to form a whole...

¤ That night, Mimosa's house  ¤

Although I couldn't clearly focus as Jimins words continuously whirled around in my mind, I still tried my best to make my homework to an extent. If I kept my hands busy, I wouldn't maybe be as restless as when I was doing nothing.

I was re-reading the question for the fifth time as I had a hard time processing it when I heard a soft thunk against my window.

"What now?" I stood up and curiously walked to my window with a small balcony when I saw a stone with a note attached to it, lying down on the balcony. "Oh..."

I had a slight idea from who it could be and with a thumping heart I picked up the note and unfolded it.

The simple instruction "Look down your balcony!" were written in a handwriting I would clearly recognize amongst thousand and I did as I was told.

Only now did I notice that another stone with a thin rope around it, had been hooked around one of the bars of my balcony fence, and curiously I got down on my knees to look down. 

A small bag had been attached to the stone and with rising curiosity, I hoisted the bag up, "How in the world did he even manage this?"

After carefully removing the rope attached to the bag, I opened it and peeked inside with rising suspension. Much to my surprise a folded note and a candy jar filled to the brim were inside.

When I examined the jar closely, I noticed that he had put inside all my favorite candy and I pressed it against my chest as if it was the most precious thing in the world. Well, for me it was obviously a treasure of its own kind.

The warmth that had spread through me because of the jar soon got replaced by a nervous feeling as I opened the note with shaking hands.

"Dear Mimi," I read softly and immediately felt my throat choke up as I knew what was awaiting Jungkook in two days. "God, stop being so emotional."

"I know I'm not one that writes cheesy things like this or hangs a candy jar on your balcony. Especially not with you, but considering our situation this seemed the most appropriate. I know right now you're trying your hardest for the both of us and I want to thank you for that."

"So Hyeri told him huh?" I concluded from his words before I continued to read.

"Mimi, Mimosa, my beloved, I wanted to let you know that soon I'm getting my final surgery. The disease is getting the best of me and I'm afraid soon I'll suffocate if I don't take action. I won't be selfish and ask you to be there, but will you only this once please keep me in your thoughts as I go through this? And wish for me that when I wake up, we can talk properly again?"

"You're the only one I keep in my mind fool, there's no room for anyone else." I felt the tears pool inside my eyes but I didn't want to soil his precious note, and furiously blinked them away.

"I know that you don't like it when I say thank you for trivial matters - as you call them, between friends but I still want you to know that I'm extremely grateful towards you for staying by my side and showing me the best of me. I hope soon we can talk about everything and nothing again whilst laughing till our stomachs hurt."

"Why do you always compensate for me?" I couldn't help it anymore as I let my tears freely come out as I read his last but most impactful word.

"Although I've never put it in words before, I love you Mimosa and I'll always will!"

"Sincerely yours, JK :)"

"I'm sorry that I can't be what you need," I whispered as the tears streamed down my face like a waterfall. I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested my face on them as I clutched the letter and the jar tightly in my hands. "But at the same time, I'm glad it's not me because I don't deserve you Jungkook."

Little did I know - nor could I clearly tell in the darkness of the night, that a lone figure was watching me from his own doorstep next to my house...