¤ 14 ¤

¤ All I can give you is Anpan, and a word, "You've worked hard," ¤

4 days later~

"Mimi, have you been avoiding me?" Jungkook asked as soon as he saw me standing outside his porch.

"Oh lord, what did I do this time?" I immediately groaned not up for a quarrel in the morning. His words might be true but, I wouldn't let me him know that. Especially if it could avoid unnecessary bickering. 

"Well..." Jungkook noticed my dark look and started doubting his choices. Maybe he should've waited till after twelve when I was properly awake. "We haven't really chilled together much the past days, at school, you don't sit next to me during lunch. Our facetime calls have become less and we have not once walked home together the past 4 days."

"Imbecile..." I whispered under my breath as he closed the door, and we started walking towards the school.

"I heard that." Jungkook immediately pouted.

"That was my intention." I rolled my eyes at him as I pulled two lollipops out of my pocket and handed him one. It gave me just enough time to think up a half lie.  "Because you really are dense. First, of all did the thought that I'm in an afterschool club even once pass your mind?"

"But you haven't told me about any projects!" Jungkook protested swinging around the lollipop vigorously.

"I told you ages ago!" I couldn't help but reply just as intense because of him being paranoid in the morning. "I even asked you for help with an idea, and I wanted to make the final thing a surprise! But obviously, you've been thinking till deep into the night and are turning paranoid."

"Oh..." Jungkooks shoulders immediately dropped as well as his expression.

"Second, instead of worrying about me, why don't you worry more about Hyeri." Despite all my effort, my voice was sharper than intended. "It might help your illness you know, just saying."

"But you're more important." Jungkook protested but it came out as mumble due to his pout.

"No, I'm not," I stated firmly as I stopped in my tracks and stood in front of him. "I'm definitely not," I repeated again and Jungkook looked at me with an expression that could only be described as disappointment.

"How can you say that?!" He uttered in a taken aback voice.

"I can because I'm your best friend and I'll always be there to support you. But right now, that alone won't be enough." The more I repeated this, the more I was starting to hate the title and that scared me. What if it came to to the point that I would end up scattering what we have now?

"I might be your anpanman Jungkook but, Hyeri's your real remedy and I won't stand it if you slowly kill yourself by doing nothing.

"It's difficult Mimi, at times I feel like I just want it all removed because it's so suffocating." Jungkook sighed as he dropped his head. "Like is everything that will come after this really worth that much?"

"How much do you love her?" I asked lifting Jungkooks chin so that I could look him in the eyes.

"It's not measurable," Jungkook mumbled finally meeting my gaze. "If it was, the choice would've been even easier for me."

Somehow I got the feeling we weren't talking about the same person but, I managed to shake it off and gave him an encouraging smile.

"Good, because twice the amount of that is what will come afterward." In response to my smile, a small one graced his lips.

"Sometimes I wished it was you, Mimi," Jungkook stated just as I took a step back and he didn't seem to notice my shocked expression that followed. "Like you can't imagine how grateful I would've been for that."