¤ 7 ¤

¤ I want to stop, I don't want you anymore... but you're my everything...¤

• Next morning •

Not wanting to meet Jungkook, neither face him that morning I set out an hour earlier, and I made sure to take a different route from what we usually do. 

We didn't end our call on a good note - mostly because of me, and I felt repulsive to meet him this quickly. I needed some more time before the confrontation. Some time to stabilize myself and the whirlwind of emotions and thoughts inside of me.

Because I was extremely early I decided to treat myself to breakfast out of the house and stopped at my favorite cafe.

I spend and a good half an hour there, enjoying my coffee and croissant in silence and peace.  As there were not many customers who actually stayed inside the cafe to eat at that early hour - most of them did take out, I had the place mostly to myself. Something In enjoyed extremely. 

On my way to school from the cafe, I was quite lost in my own world and I didn't really pay much attention to my surroundings. One-way-or-another, I still ended up in front of my locker.

Absent-minded, I unlocked my locker, and systematically  - like a programmed robot, I exchanged the books in my bag for the ones I needed.

"I hope he doesn't end up coming late." Despite standing him up, I couldn't help but worry about him.

My gut told me he would wait there till the last minute believing I would show up, only to be let down by me and his own expectations. Expectations which I couldn't live up to right now, because he didn't live up to mine yesterday. 

"Mimosa?!" Suddenly a hand tapped my shoulder slightly and pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, wow! Hey!" I turned around startled, only to be met with Hyeri's equally surprised face.

"I called out to you a few times, but you didn't hear me," She looked genuinely worried, and I could understand why guys would like her, "Is everything alright?"

Hyeri was a bit smaller than me, but not in a skimpy way. People would call her 'petite'. With her big doe eyes, long brown locks, cute button nose, and a hidden dimple - wich appeared as she talked, she was a nice sight to look at.

She was that typical girl, whom both girls and boys liked. The type to get along with everyone in an instant. The type who was obviously nice and you would still feel bad for getting mad her, despite having a reason to. 

"Yeah...y-yeah, I'm fine." I tried to not make it obvious that I stared at her, by answering casually, "Just lost in thoughts and definitely not a morning person. What can I help you with?"

"Do you know where Jungkook is?" She looked behind me, to see if he was further away in the corridors, "I borrowed something from him, and need to return it."

"A-ah, we didn't walk together today." She threw me off guard with that question, "I came early because I have something to do for my art club."

"Oh, he must be bummed out by that." Hyeri luckily took the bait, and I relaxed a bit, "He always tells me how much he enjoys hanging out with you and such. Although I did expect him to come with you, by getting up earlier."

"He talked about me to her?" The thought never occurred to me, and somehow it came as a surprise. It shouldn't be since I was his close friend tho. 

My heart also seemed surprised and fluttered slightly - a thing beyond my control, as I heard that Jungkook talked about me in a positive way. Yet the fluttering soon died out as I saw a familiar figure walk into the corridor.

"Look who's here." I subtly gestured behind Hyeri to get her attention away from me, "I have to hurry to my club, but since the person himself is here, you can talk to him! Bye!"

Even I, myself, noticed how rushed that sounded, but I could care less about that right now. All I wanted was to get out of there as quick as I could. A direct confrontation with him was not what I needed right now. 

"H-huh?" Before Hyeri could look back and forth between Jungkook and Mimosa, the later had disappeared already.

Shrugging the said girls' behavior off to being in a rush, she waited for Jungkook to be close enough to greet him.

As he came closer, she could see - despite his hoodie being pulled over his head, that he had a really sour expression gracing his face. His eyes weren't focused, and his mind was definitely somewhere else.

"Hey, Jungkook." When her voice reached his ears, he looked up and finally his eyes focused on the here, and now.

"Oh...morning Hyeri." Somehow he looked disappointed, but she couldn't tell for sure.

"I heard you couldn't walk with Mimosa today?" Hyeri carefully asked him, having a gist of what the reason for his sour expression was.

"How do you know?" Jungkook looked genuinely surprised.

"I Just talked with her," Hyeri explained, pointing behind her - in the direction Mimosa had left of too.

"Really?" Jungkook immediately stretched his neck to look behind her, but his face drooped as he didn't see the person he was looking for.

"She said something about needing to go to her art club." Hyeri watched him intrigued, as Mimosa's words and his actions did not match up.

"Oh right!" Jungkook suddenly slightly tapped his forehead, and his voice sounded relieved, "She told me that! How could I forget!"

"Wait..." Hyeri narrowed her eyes at him, before something clicked  in her mind, "You thought she ditched you, right?"

"Nooo way!" Jungkook immediately waved that thought away, although deep inside he knew what the untold truth was, "Mimi would never do that."

"She was convinced that you knew about her art club activity." Hyeri lightly reassured him, as she leaned against the locker next to his.

"At least she didn't get late because of me." Jungkook smiled softly, opening his locker to grab his notes.

"When is your birthday?" Hyeri suddenly asked him out of context, as she eyed the lock on his locker.

"First of September, why?" He glanced at her curiously, before focusing on locking his locker again. Being clueless about where Hyeri's gaze had been a second ago. 

"Then your locker code is definitely not your own birthday." Hyeri smiled smugly as if she had cracked a big secret.

"Did you watch, and memorize my code?" Jungkook looked slightly weirded out by that idea and gave her a weirded out look. 

It wasn't that difficult to figure out someones 4 numbers if you stood close enough and not much of a problem either because he didn't have anything worth stealing in his locker. But that didn't mean he wanted anyone snooping around his locker or have a free pass to it. Not that he expected Hyeri to do this, but you could never be safe enough. 

"No!" Hyeri immediately defended herself, even taking a step back from his locker, "I only saw the last digit, which was an 8."

"Sharp eyes you have." Jungkook nodded his head in an approving mannerism, before a warm smile graced his lips, "And yes, it's not my birthdate. Although it is a special date to me..."