¤ 3 ¤

¤ You don't need water to feel like you're drowning, do you? ¤

After 2 hours of another interesting - not, chemistry lesson, and Yeonji almost busting a gut at Mr. Song, I headed to the canteen to buy Jungkooks meal set.

"It better not be sold out." I prayed as I joined the queue, Yeonji had already secured us a table, so I didn't need to worry about that, "Or Jungkook will make me buy him lunch tomorrow too."

When it was my turn to order, I noticed - much to my relief, that the steak meal set was still there and I quickly paid for it.

If I had stood in the queue any longer, half of my lunch break would've been over. Plus the fact that I don't want to saddle Yeonji with Jungkook who turns into a brat when he's hungry.

"Mimosa, you're finally back." Yeonji greeted me, but my eyes fell on the six new faces at our table, and I awkwardly halted in my step.

"What took you so long?!" Jungkook whined as the six males and one girl turned their heads to look at me.

"Uh, I was in line buying your meal set," I said in a duh-voice, ignoring all their stares.

"Oh..." Suddenly Jungkook turned silent, and his mouth and eyes formed an o-shape.

"There's no way you would forget the promised meal set." I knew that that expression meant that Jungkook had done something stupid, but I couldn't understand yet.

"Hyeri, made a homemade lunch-box," Jungkook gulped, looking slightly guilty, "And she made too much, so she wanted to share with me."

"Hyeri, the girl he likes." Of course, as soon as I had approached the table I recognized her from the corridors.

Besides, it wasn't such a big deal, except for the fact that my money got wasted of course. But the fact that Jungkook was so happy to eat a homemade lunch from her, that he would forget his favorite meal set, stung harder than I expected.

Jungkook looked like he was bracing himself for a speech from me about wasting money, but I just didn't feel like it at that moment.

What use was it anyway, he was finally getting somewhere with the girl he liked. Maybe now he had a better chance of surviving his disease.

"Oh, that's allright." I kept my voice steady and optimistic, as I took a seat next to Yeonji, instead of next to Jungkook - who was on the other side of the table.

I knew Jungkook was surprised by just more than me not preaching him, but I had other things to worry about right now. If he wanted Hyeri to fall in love with him, he would've to deal with way more than this. 

"Yeonji, do you want this?" I asked looking at the girl next to me, who would usually do anything for a bite from this steak set. If Jungkook was in a good mood he would share, otherwise, he would tease her through the whole lunch break. Usually, by the end, it would have erupted into a quarrel with Yeonji winning in the end, and still getting a bite from him. 

"No, I'm full because of my wrap." Yeonji shook her head with a bit of regret, "You can't eat it, can you?"

"Nope, allergies will be a bitch if I do." I shrugged, as I just placed the platter in the middle of the table, "Anyone can feel free to take it. It's a waste to throw it away. "

I looked around at the table with six unfamiliar faces, before grabbing my own lunch from my bag. I didn't seem like they were going to introduce themselves anytime soon and neither was I in my most social mood, so there goes being friendly. 

"If you don't mind," A gentle nasal voice suddenly asked me, "Can I take it?"

Surprised I looked up, to be met with the face of a natural beauty. The guy had jet black hair, big round eyes, and plump lips.

"Sure, be my guest." I immediately shoved the platter towards him, over the table, "It's such a waste otherwise."

"It's a sin to waste food." The guy said deeply serious, unlocking a chuckle from me and Yeonji. Oblivious we - when it came to food, would agree with that more than anything. 

"Where are my manners," Yeonji suddenly tapped her forehead, "I haven't introduced myself to your friends."

She looked at me, immediately assuming these new faces were my friends but I shook my head at her, as I was equally left in the dark. If I dug deep enough through my decaying memory, I might remember a few of them by face due to passing them in the corridor but, that's about it. 

"Actually," I gave Yeonji a sheepish smile before taking a bite from my sandwich, "I don't know them either."

"You're Oh Mimosa," suddenly the guy on my left - who had taken the steak, stated, before looking at Yeonji, "And you're Ji Yeonji."

"Yeah, we are." Yeonji and I exchanged a surprised look. Somehow it seemed obvious that they would know our names since they were at the same table, but at the same time, it seemed so weird because we - at that moment, didn't think of them as Jungkooks friends. 

"Jungkook told us a lot about you." The guy explained as he smiled at us gently.

"Well, then Mr. Jeon," I cocked my head at Jungkook with a non-amused expression, "Might introducing them be an idea? After all, we're sharing meals and everything, without knowing names."

"Ah yes, sorry." Jungkook smiled apologetically at us before starting the introductions...