¤ 9 ¤

¤ You don't have me but I'm filled with you¤

• After class •

After class I received a message from Yeonji, telling me she was already in the canteen with a table secured and to meet her there.

So now I was on my way to the canteen, with an - unexplainable, restless feeling on my chest. Which had settled in a short while before my history class had ended. 

Was it maybe because I would get confronted by Jungkook. Or was it the opposite? Was I afraid of not getting confronted by him, afraid of him not caring anymore since he had Hyeri by his side now? I knew the probability of that was very low because I knew Jungkook better than anyone, but I couldn't help my dark thoughts at all. 

"Mimosa!" For the second time that day, I got pulled out of my thoughts by a voice and it was surprisingly the same person too.

"Hyeri?" I turned around and this time I didn't try to mask my surprise. She was accompanied by Hoseok, Jin, Namjoon, Jimin, and Taehyung, "What's wrong?"

"Have you seen Jungkook?" Hyeri and the rest looked slightly out of breath, as they looked at me hopefully.

"Again?" I didn't know if I was perplexed by the fact that she was looking for him so much, or that she was so bad in finding him. Usually, Jungkook would go find her a lot, so why couldn't she meet him every time today - out of all days. 

"No...?" As I saw the worry on their faces, my heart started beating louder and I feared the worst, "Did his disease get the best of him?"

Namjoon must've seen the panic on my face, and hurried to explain, "He came to school, but he never attended first period. We couldn't get a hold of him on his phone either, so we thought you might know."

"After he spoke with me this morning, he hurried off to somewhere." Hyeri - who sounded distressed, added on to the explanation.

"Let me try calling him." With a thumping heart and shaking fingers I pressed his name and waited for him to pick up.

Although they were worried because he disappeared, I had a far bigger concern. Jungkook always hid somewhere when his coughs - or attacks, got really bad.

The only one he would contact at those times would be me, but he didn't do that today since we had a fight.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" I mentally cursed him and myself, "No matter how worse the fight was, call me if you're in a pinch!"

Much to the surprise of the others, he picked my call up within two rings and a bit of tension left my body.

"Hey, dip shit, where are you?" I could see the others quirk their eyebrows up at my tone, but I didn't really care. This was how we usually conversed after a fight, so Jungkook would understand.

"Mimi?" Jungkook sounded breathless and I immediately knew he had, had a coughing fit.

"No, Santa Claus." I rolled my eyes although he could not see me, replying in a sarcastic tone, "Of course it's me, bitch! Do you know how worried you made your friends?"

"Mimi, please come to our usual place." Jungkook sounded pleading and as he did not make jokes, nor reply in the same tone I knew the situation was serious than anything before.

"Me alone?" I tried sounding confused, to fool the others and I prayed he would understand. "Alright, I'm coming but you owe them big time!"

"Thanks, Mimi." Jungkooks voice had become a whisper and I quickly hung up the call. As soon as I could reach him, the better it would be for him.

"And?" All of them looked at me with confused, but hopeful eyes.

"I'm sorry, but he wants to meet me alone." I gave them a sincere apologetic expression as I wished that I could give them more clearance on the situation. "I believe he will explain everything later, but I've to go now since it seemed urgent. Sorry guys!"

Before they could say anything, I rushed away leaving them with mixed emotions.

"Could she be lying?" Hyeri questioned, turning towards the guys, "The both of them have been acting weird since this morning."

"I don't think so," Hoseok immediately denied positively convinced by Mimosa's words, "The panic she had on her face when we told her Jungkook was missing, was real."

"Besides, why would he ignore all our calls and pick her up immediately?" Taehyung added with a shrug.

"We'll just have to await everything guys." Namjoon stated wisely calming them all down, "There's no reason to suspect anyone right now."

The others agreed with him, and they decided to head for the canteen. Hoping Jungkook and Mimosa would make it back in time...

• Behind janitor room, School Garden •  

"Jungkook?!" I called out in a clear but low voice, looking around frantically as I arrived at our usual place. "Jungkook where are you?" 

I heard rustling from behind me, and Jungkook stumbled out from the dark alley next to the janitor's room.

"Wow?!" I rushed forward just in time to catch and prevent him from tumbling face forward onto the ground.

"I-I'm so glad you came." Jungkooks voice was very airy, and he really seemed tired and out of breath, "Mimi, I-I'm so glad..."

"How bad was it?" I made soothing motions on his back as his full weight was supported by my body. His chest was heaving down heavily, and his body spazed slightly, "How bad did his body get strained by the coughing, to react like this?"

My worry only grew more, when he did not answer immediately, and the state his body was in only made it worse. I never knew the Hanahaki disease could take so much of a person. Especially a person, as strong as Jungkook.

"The flowers kept on coming," Jungkook finally seemed to have caught his breath, but he did not pull back and neither did I care. He could be in my arms - if that helped him, for as long as he wanted. "And the coughing...it felt like my lungs were going to come out...Never have I experienced an attack like this before...it-it almost felt like I was...l-like I was suffocating."

I took a deep breath myself whilst listening to his story. I had to really bite my tongue to not yell at him. Not now I decided, not when he was so vulnerable. Yet that something - I prevented myself from saying, had always been a sore spot for me when it came to his disease.

Leaving out the obvious fact that he was in love with someone else of course. Yet what bothered me the most was, that he had never told me how fast the disease would spread and what we could do against it. Neither does he ever answer my question about how much time he has left.

Whenever he goes to the doctors, he always asks me to come - which I did in the beginning, but he never let me enter the actual room with him. My knowledge of his situation and the illness was the bare minimum I heard from him. Yet he expected me to be his first aid in need, a situation which frustrated me to the other ends of the world, but a situation I can't do anything about.

"I never want to experience something like that again," Jungkook mumbled in a soft voice, fully burying his face into my shoulder as he clutched onto me tightly. "Never."

"It's allright, it's over," I whispered in a soothing voice, wrapping my arms around him. I wanted to give him a feeling of secureness and safeness. Especially when he was so scared - a sight not many would get to see. "You did well holding out. You did well Jungkook..."