10!

“I want a bad girl, baby bad” The Cab

~

"Dammit Lana, what were you thinking," My mom hissed at me as I walked into the house. I didn't know what this was exactly about, "You can't just skip school with some boy." 

"It was Matt. He's not just some boy." I said a bit lost as to what all of this was coming from. I always skipped school and it would always be with Ed, who I was dating which meant we could have been having sex. Whats her sudden interest now. 

"You've only known him 2 monthes he is some boy." My dad pipped in from the corner. He had been standing there for a bit just listening in like he always does, when my mom yelled at me for no given purpose. Guess this time is much different, "I haven't even met him."

"But mom has met him." I said throwing my hand up to point at her. I didn't see why they were over-reacting it wasn't even my first time skipping.

"Lana, that isn't your pink slip to go running off with that boy-"

"Matt." I interrupted, "his name is Matt." I folded my arms over my chest and cursed to myself

"Whatever." My mom said doing the same and rolling her eyes. Was she now my age? 

I huff lifting an eyebrow in question, "Are we done?"

"No, your grounded." I rolled my eyes at the stupid punishment that, along with skipping, I never followed, "Two weeks no leaving this house only for school. So keys." My mom held out her hand.

She had to be kidding or taking drugs, "How am i suppose to get to school." I asked and she gave me her usual I don't care look

"Your dad can take you on his way to work." She spoke

"He leaves a good hour before I do." I hissed. She had me screwed if she thought I would be standing outside like a complete nerd. I already lost my popular friends (more so they lost me) and now she expects me to just hand her my last bit of freedom and dignity. NO, "And Matt always rides with me." 

"Well if he wants a ride he should get up an hour early and be ready, but I doubt he will since he hates being at school so much." I felt a lump form in my throat. She doesn't know the first thing about Matt, but she judges him.

"It's his moms birthday and he's struggling. I just wanted to help." I said more to myself. I knew she would think I was only coming up with an excuse, but I wasn't. Not this time. She lifted an eyebrow and focused her eyes on me, as if the see if I was telling the truth.

She sighed and unfolded her arms looking at me, "Okay," She paused as if to check if she was being too cruel, which she was, "I'll apologize to him, but you still have to suffer the consequences of your actions. Keys." She held out her hands. I reluctantly place them in her hands and rolled my eyes.

"And you lost a week." My dad caved with a smile. He gave my mom a wink before leaving to continue with his life. 

"Now we're done." My mom spoke as she turned to leave the room. 

"Thanks." I spoke out of nowhere. My mom turned and gave me a questioning look, "I didn't mean that rudely. I mean that seriously. I love you."

~

I threw the last of my things in my bag quickly texting Matt to head out if he wanetd a ride. He hadn't answered the phone this morning and I was worried he wouldn't be informed in time. I rolled my eyes, hissing at my self becasue of my lack of sleep. I really wasn't in the mood for school and a hour longer than I had to. 

"Lana hurry." My dad yelled up the stairs, and I fumbled with my shoes. These sparkly flats never gave me hell, what was the sudden interest. I threw my backpack over my shoulders and put my phone in my pocket.