4!

• Dedicated to My Dedicated reader

New update because my trip is Monday. :) Tehe, I'm happy. Anyway, after thursday, my last day of school, I plan to be hella more active you guys. And I just want to apologize for not being active this year. But here's to new beginnings in the middle of the story. Okay I'm done because I feel like I'm rambling.

Happy reading <3

~

I rolled over on my back holding the magazine in my hand as I rested my head on my pillow. It had been an entire week since the confrontation of my noiseness, and I decided it would be best to stick to my business only. I looked at the magzine as it descussed freshtop's newest crewneck.

Matthew never even decided to apologize for his slight over reaction. I know it was none of my business, but all I wanted to do was make him feel welcome. I guess in a way I wanted to be his friend, and have someone to complain about their problem's with me, since Mel decided she doesn't like talking to me anymore. It's not like our friendship is in stake, but we didn't talk as usual. I guess it was in a way effectin me.

"Lana." My mom called up to my room. I lifted myself from the bed and sat up as she walked into my room, "Get dressed. The Smith's have invited us to dinner."

She was now standing in the doorway looking at me. I looked up at her, "Why?" I asked

My mom rolled her eyes agitated with me, "Because we are neighbours. And we should feel comfortable around one another." She spoke, "So get dressed. We are leaving in 20 minutes."

"What's wrong with what I have on." I asked pinching the t-shirt.

She looked at me for a minute, unamused, "Get dressed. And no sweats aren't exceptable." And with that she turned on her heel and headed back down stairs. I got off of my bed and made my way to my closet. I better prepare my self to not be welcomed

~

I stood at the door as my mother rung the bell and the door swung open. Karen smiled, as she usually did, "Come in." She said standing back and pointing behind her. I looked at my parents hesitantly before walking into the house. I looked around the room, but luckily Matthew and his brother weren't around

"Lana, can you go get the boys from the rooms." Karen said and I turned to her and nodded hesitantly. I didn't want to be a rude guess, so I turned on my heel and made my way down the hall.

I have lived in this neighbor hood all of my life and never have I noticed that this house isn't 2 stories and it kinda bothered me. I made my way down the hall glancing in the rooms as I did so. I stopped when I got to the room where Matthrew sat on his bed.

I glanced into the room and leaned into the door frame. He was facing the opposite direction, and he was fiddling with what ever was in is hands. He sighed loudly before speaking, "It was my mom's." I jumped as he spoke and he calmly turned to look at me.

"What?" I asked confused. I had heard what he had said but I didn't understand why.

"I got it off of her neck as she closed her eyes." He said. I began to feel uncomfortable. He glanced up from the necklace in his hands and looked me in my eyes. Something told me he had been crying, but it seemed so foreign for him to do so. So it just seemed like it couldn't be true.

"I'm so-"

"No you aren't. No one really is when they say that." He said. I glanced at him feeling a little hurt but he must be so used to people saying that

I looked at him, and began inching closer to him, "But I am." I said walking over to him placing my hand on his shoulder. He looked at me for a minute, then he lowered his head. I squatted down to his level as he sat on the bed, "That's what I want. I want you to be able to talk to me." I said and he just rolled his eyes.