9!

"Lay down here, beside me in the shallow water" ~Sirens(Cher Lloyd)

~

"So Lana." Matt spoke awkwardly as I looked at him through my rearview mirror. He removed his hat from his head, ran his hands through his hair then put his hat back on, "Any plans for tonight." 

I rolled my eyes playfully and smiled, "Nope." I spoke proudly, "Would you like a movie night?" I asked. He gave me a look before shaking his head.

"Nahhh," He said making a face, "I had something different in mind." 

"Like." I spoke, turning to look at him. He removed his hat again and ruffed his hair, placing the hat on the seat this time.

"I was thinking I could take you on a date." He said a shy smile on his face. I burst into laughter as he looked at me confused. Was he actually serious?

I stopped laughing and looked at him for a minute, "Oh shit, your serious?" I questioned not sure if I was hearing him correctly

"Yeah." He said slouching back in his seat, still looking at me expecting an answer. I looked away from the mirror and at the house. I realized we hadn't backed out, "I understand if you won't. I mean since Ed and all." He spoke and I looked at him. I hadn't even thought of Ed, he was the last thing on my mind. 

"I'll do it." I spoke low but loud enough for him to hear me. I looked as his expression changed. 

"Then it's a date." He spoke and I gave him a nod as I pulled out the driveway and on our way to school.

~

"What do you think it means." Melissa spoke nervously. I know I hate her and stuff, but after that date offer from Matt, I need someone to talk to. And blabby mouth Daniel wasn't an option.

"I don't know." I said more annoyed then nevous. I was a mixed ball of emotion right now, one being hateful towards Melissa. 

"Maybe he likes you." She said and I rolled my eyes. She let out a sigh before placing her hand on my shoulder, "Lana, can we talk about us." She asked

I pulled my shouder from her grasp and looked at her amusingly, "There is no us, I just needed advice considering your so good with boys." I spoke harshly and she blinked back the tears she was probably faking in the first place

I don't mean to be a bitch, but she didn't think about me when she was sleeping with my boyfriend. If no one worries about my feelings, who will. 

"Look I have to go now." I said turning and she grabbed at me again.

"No matter if you forgive me or not, just know I love you Lana. Your my best friend, even if I'm no longer yours." She said. I pulled away and made my way down the hall

I pushed down the lump that was now forming in my throat as I made my way down the hall. I glanced around the hall to see Ed playing with some girl, and I'm guessing her friend. I smiled at their stupidity, like mines a few weeks ago, but they could all have him for all I cared.

"Lana." I looked from Ed, who was now looking at me, to Matt. He made his way over to me giving me a smile as he did.

"Matt." I said placing all of  my focus on him

He ran and hand through his hair before looking at me and speaking "What happened back there?" 

I playfully rolled my eyes, "Which part." I asked, "The part where I stupidly asked for help from my ex best friend. Or the part where I couldn't look away froim my ex boyfriend." I said facepalming. I hated that he had to see me gloting about my past, I didn't want him feeling bad.