22!

We all stood in silence hoping that if we don't move then maybe he would just disappear, but we knew that was highly unlikely

"I can see you all." He spoke.

I could see in Karens face how she wanted to run and shut the slide door, but that would do no use. So she just stood there

"What do you want from us." Karen spoke. She stood the closest to the door, with me then Matt not far behind.

"I want you all dead. I would rot in jail if it were your choice. And I can't take any chances." He spoke walking closer, until he was standing at the door.

"Why?" I asked, "Why do you want us dead. No one has even done anything to you."

He gave me a devilish grin, "You have. Thanks to you. That police is after me. This was family matters." He leaned against the frame of the door.

Matt stood in front of me in a protective way, "Leave her alone." He spoke harshly not once looking away from him.

"Aww." His father laughed

"No one has even pressed charges before Lana. Why can't you just leave us alone?" Karen asked. She stepped away from the door and grabbed Wyatt when he came into he kitchen.

Wyatt's face went pale, as his aunt grabbed him and held him close.

"Well, you do know all of my secrets. And I have nothing else to look forward for. I have lost my family-"

"-At your own cost." I blurted

He looked over to me then at Matt before rolling his eyes and continuing to talk, "I have no family. And they are trying to pin my wifes death on me." He spoke emotionless. He didn't possess the same face as before, his devilish grin...gone.

"Because you killed her." Wyatt spoke. He looked back at the young boy, acknmowledging his response

"Except I didn't. It was all an accident." He spoke

Matt frowned and looked from his brother to his father, "Stop lying." He yelled grabbing my hand. I was stunned that no one called the police. Because they were his family and they wanted answers. They wanted to know why, why'd he kill her? They didn't want to see him in jail, like he thought. They just wanted answers

"Son," He walked closer to Matt and everyone took a step back. He looked at the ground in defeat, "What do I have to loose. I don't have you anymore."

Matt shook his head taking another step back, barely missing my foot, "No you're lying." He cried out.

"I didn't kill your mother. I blamed myself too. But I didn't do it." He said taking another step foward. Every one moving back again.

I wrapped my arm around Matt the best I could, letting him know I'm there.

"Then why did you try to hurt Lana. Take her away from me?" Matt asked. The man had no answer, his face just turned to stone, "She helped us after all these year. She helped Me and Wyatt and even Karen. Why did you try to hurt her."

"Because I didn't want to see you get hurt," He looked at me as he spoke, "Did you ever find out why that boy was there"

Matt groaned, "To protect her." He spoke not once looking back at me. The hatred in his face was so strong, that I thought in any moment he would bite his father's head off

His father looked at me again, wanting me to be honest. Wanting his son to believe him, wanting far away from his family, "Is that so. Did you ask or did she just have to clarify it?"

"They are friends. Nothing happened." Was he telling him or telling me?

"That's why I wanted her out. You would never see what was right in front of you-" His father spoke looking at his son in a begging way. He was protective and I would see it. I couldn't believe he stood there begging

Matt was bubbling with fury, "Stop-" He looked back to me squeezing my hand tight so that he wouldn't swing. I could see the hurt in his eyes, and to know I caused it this time hurt me worse.

"You would never opened up to me with her and her lies around. I just wanted my family back." His father begged

"Leave!" Matt yelled and his father froze and turned as pale as his youngest son. Matt dropped my hand fast and he stood there with his fist were balled up, watching his father in front of him

"Son." He called low

"Leave or else I'll call the police. Leave!" Matt growled, his boiling point was hit and it was now over flowing

"I just wanted my family back." He hissed before turning and walking out.

The room was silent but the mood filled the room. Anger, relief, nervousness. All crowded the room like the people standing in it.

Matt turned to face me his face full of anger. I felt my stomach fall to my feet and break through the floor, taking my heart with it.

Before he could opened his mouth my tears were already falling. I couldn't move. I was paralyzed with humilation and regret. How could I have done him that way? After I had been cheated on. After all the heart ache that was thrown at me. After I helped him. How could I do him that way? How could I have been so cruel?

He looked at my, "What happened that night?" Matt asked

I felt my body go numb, like I were watching the whole scene through someone else, "I'm sorry," I spoke and he looked away from me, "I didn't mean for it to happen."

"Get out." He spoke low

"Matt please." I cried. I hated that I had hurt him but was he really about to turn his back on me completely. Not after he had pulled me into his mess already

"Get out!" He yelled

I turned, not bothered to wipe away tears, and looked as Karen and Wyatt stood at the kitchen door. They looked at me sadly watching as I made my way out of the kitchen.

I left out the front door, but not before hearing, "Pack our stuff. Nothing for me here after all"

~

School was the last thing I wanted to sit through, ecspecially with Mel, Dan, and Matt all hating me. We were all stuck in the same first period class, and they all refused to acknowledge me. And Matt refused to excpet Dan's apologize.

I understood why all of them where mad at me. I had been so selfish and wrong to them, And niether of them deserved it.

I listened to the teacher as she ended the class, the first lecture I listened completely to my entire high school career.

After class everyone made the way out of the room leaving Melissa and I behind. I though this would be the perfect time to apologize to her. If she would let me.

"Mel," I spoke and she turned to look at me, "I wanted to apologize. I really need my best friend right now. I feel alone. And I was really hoping we could patch things up"

"For?" Mel raise an eyebrow

"Huh?" I asked.

"I apologize for...?" She hinted, lightly shifting her books

"I apologize for...," I had forgot why Mel was so upset with me. Everyone hated me it was hard to keep up.

"That's just it Lana. Your selfish you only care about yourself. What about all those times I were alone. And you continued to hold a grudge when I needed you. Or when I wanted to spend time with my 'best friend' and you left me in the cold for strangers. You need me now that there's trouble in paradise with Matt. Now that he isn't speaking to you and I'm not your fucking Therapist." She turned and walked away leaving me there to think about what I had done.

~

is anyone out there?

~K