Chapter Eleven

Copyright Shazneem Tamana

Chapter Eleven

I washed the dishes quickly, getting them out of the way. Some food had spilled on the floor and it needed tending to before he came in. I rushed for the dustpan and broom, cleaning the floor up. The scrub brush was out as a mop I wasn’t allowed to use. I scrubbed hard making sure nothing was left. Getting up, I stumbled forward as pain racked my body. I closed my eyes, taking quick deep breaths.

Sounds of a door upstairs opening and closing hit my ear. In a frenzied rush, I put the scrub away. Leaning against the sink I looked around making sure everything was where it should be. He came down the stairs, his footsteps came toward the kitchen. Nerves came to an all-time high. What would happen next?

Fear rose its head in the pit of my stomach. I quivered as fear climbed its way up my spine. It slowly came around, punching me in the lungs. My breathing hitched and came out in sputtering bursts. Then, fear went up to my neck, pressing hard. At the same time, it squeezed at my heart. My heart raced so fast as if I was running for my life yet I still stood at the sink.

I heard him walk in. Tears fell down my cheeks as I whirled around. Everything happened in slow motion. As I had whirled, my hand collided with the cutlery drainer. The still wet cutlery went flying everywhere. My vision cleared as more tears fell.

My eyes went up to his face. I stared evil in the face as his eyes became dark pits of rage and anger. I saw his arm move. His hand rose and cracked at my red puffed cheeks. A painful moan raked through my body and escaped my lips. My vision blurred as fear pressed at my neck and heart with a death grip. Stars flew past my eyes, different shades of greys and black.

He came closer and I felt pain followed by a cracking sound in my ribs but I couldn’t scream. I had no energy as anything was better than my reality; anything to escape this pain. I grabbed hold of the shades that came toward me. I was running toward it, leaving reality behind.

In the distance I heard him say, “You whore! Look at what your clumsy big ass has done now!”

I ran faster clutching to the grey-black hues as complete blissful darkness enveloped me.

My mind screamed...

Escape!

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

These Situations do happen

Protect them as you would want them to protect you in such situations

What do you think?

Let me know

Vote

Comment

Fan

Xo

Ms Shazneem

Copyright ©Shazneem Tamana