Chapter Fourteen

Copyright ©ShazneemTamana

Chapter Fourteen

I chanted the words I won’t cry in my head, reining in all the hurt and anger that welled within me. Even though I had left that room visions of them together violated my minds. A part of me wanted to tear out my eyes. I had been violated in so many ways and now this, why? I asked myself for there was no one who listened to me.

I made my way forwards and walked towards the childrens room. I turned my head to look at where their chuckles vibrated from, disappointment and pain scratched at my soul like claws from a pack of wolves.
With forced gentleness I opened the door to Lily and Oliver’s room. Glad that he never came into this room, I stepped to their bunk beds and kneeled down. My hands went searching under their bed, I had to lay on my stomach so I could reach in search of what was there.

I knew I had not much time but once my hands clasped onto what I was looking for, I slowly brought it out from under the bed. I unzipped it and looked in, there packed in the grey suitcase were a few clothes of mine, some of the children’s but the most important item in the suitcase was hidden in a pocket under the garments. My breathing had begun to come out in fast bursts, my breaths were so loud it was all my ears could hear. I took a deep breath, Kira! Check everything but calm down first! They might hear you! I scolded myself.
This was not the time to panic. But I felt it rise within me with the ever ready fear and nerves joining force with panic. Thoughts of getting caught whirled in my mind, brushing them aside and taking slow deep breaths I dug my hands in between where lily’s clothes were placed for the small zipper.

My breathing had calmed down and as my fingers skimmed the small metal where it was I stopped my movements abruptly. Voices reached me and fear gripped on me hard, Oh God what if they are coming to check up on me! I am not where they left me!. . .

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

What do you think?

Let me know

Vote

Comment

Fan

Xo

Ms Shazneem

Copyright ©Shazneem Tamana This story belongs to me