(9) Side Chick.

HNO (9)

(Jake's POV (bet you didn't see that coming did ya?))
I was excepting to take Alex's punch when I see Mel step in the way. Alex's fist connects with the side of Mel's face. She falls to the floor and her eyes close. I bend down next to her to see if she is okay, but she won't respond. She's passed out. I pick her up bridal style and lay her on her bed and turn back to Alex. He is just standing there looking at where Mel was I look past him to his brothers and they are doing the same.
"Unless the ground is talking to you, stop looking at it," I hiss at them. Their eyes snap up to meet mine.
"That wasn't meant for her," Alex mumbles.
"I know. And you better be lucky I don't beat you up right now for hitting her anyways," I scoff out at him.
"I know."
We all look back at her sleeping body and notice the black and blueness on her cheek. "Go get some ice," I tell the boys. "I'm going to go get Ally and Liz." We all exit the room and I head up to tell the girls. I know that Liz and Ally will defiantly have to be held back from literally killing Alex.
I open the door and they are all there laughing at some YouTubers videos. I clear my throat and they both turn to me and raise an eyebrow. "Guys, Alex accidentally punched Mel and now she is passed out. Before you go and kill-" to late. They were both out of the library and flying down the steps trying to find the Howard brothers.
Normally I would stop a fight about to break out, but I will just watch this play out and see.

(Melody's POV)
I open my eyes and look around. Good, I am in my room and not a hospital. A phone goes off and I look over to the bed stand next to my bed. Jake's phone. I pick it up just to see if it was one of my parents or his checking in on us. As soon as I read who it was from, I wish I hadn't.
Girlfriend <3: Can't wait 2 c u tonight. Just don't bring ur stupid country friends. I luv u! <3
Funny, I didn't know I was texting him. I unlocked his phone and looked through the rest of the conversation. Snoopy, I know, but I wanted to know if I was being lied to or not. You would do the same right?
Apparently, they have been dating for almost two months, and he has made no attempt to break it off since I have been with him. I set the phone back down. Tears started to fill my eyes. Luckily, if I was caught, I could easily blame it on the pain from my punch. Although that doesn't even hurt as bad as being lied to a cheated on. I guess I'm just the side chick. Nothing more than that.
Then it hits me.
Ally ran up to me and had a sad look in her eyes.
"What's wrong," I asked.
"Nothing..." I stare at her intently. "Fine! Jake has a girlfriend!" She covers her mouth like she isn't supposed to tell anyone.
"Awe. Man, I knew you really were looking forward to being with him," I say trying not to laugh at her.
"Not for me. You!"
I stand there shocked. "Ally, you of all people should know how I feel about him. He can have as many girlfriends as he wants. I don't care."
That was the day Jake came back. He had a girlfriend and I didn't even remember it. Not only is this basically all my fault for not remembering, but I fell for the guy I promised myself I would never forgive. Oh and boy did I fall hard.
This isn't going to be a good sumemer, for Jake at least. He better watch his back because if not, he is going to get 7 years worth of pain handed to him on a silver platter along with his head, because that is where it belongs.
Head=platter. Him=dead.
Let the games begin.