(3) Welcome to L.A.

HNO (3)

"I will see you tonight," I mumble into Jake's jacket.
"See ya. I will text you when I get there. I may be late, but if I am I will call the neighbors to let you guys in and show you to your room," he says into my ear still holding me. I nod and I take in his sent. Man did he smell good! I never wanted this moment to end, again.
We are standing by my back door and he is about to leave. Everyone went to follow my mom while she goes shopping. They think I'm the one in the car. This gives Jake enough time to slip out and go to the airport. Jake bends down and kisses my forehead. I can tell I'm blushing, because Jake starts to laugh.
"I'm going to go finish packing. Stay safe," I say once he let's go of me.
He nods his head and runs out the back door of my house to his house. I climb the stairs waiting for 7:15 to come so I could go to L.A. My phone started to go off and I ran to my room to get it. It was a blocked number.
"Hello..." I say drifting off.
"I saw that," a deep voice says.
"Saw what?"
"You know what I'm talking about, and I caught it all on camera."
"Who is this?"
"I'm the person that is bringing you down off that perfect little pedestal everyone has put you on."
"How did you get this number?"
"Goodbye, Miss Paige."
The line went dead. Crap! He saw that Jake kissed me! This isn't good. I pulled out my phone to text Jake, but the I stop. I will just wait till I see him tonight.
My dad called my name from upstairs and I ran up to him.
"Yes sir," I ask from his office door.
"Since you are leaving, I wanted to give you something. Turn around," he said standing up and walking to me. I obey and turn around. "I love you sweetheart and I will miss you deeply. So I wanted to give you this." A necklace was placed on my neck and I turned around when my dad stopped fiddling with the clasp. It was a golden antique key that had several other charms on it. I had been wanting this necklace since summer began.
"Thank you. Thank you so much. I am going to miss you more than you know. I love you!" I hug him around the neck and kiss him on the cheek.
"Your welcome. Now, go finish packing. Your leaving earlier because of a flight change. You're leaving at about 6:30."
I nod and run back down the stairs. My bags are all packed except my carryon. I made a check list for my carry on.
• Books.
• Charger(s).
• Beats.
• Sketch Pad.
• (Colored) Pencils.
• More Books.
• Magazines.
By 2 I had everything packed in my carryon and just my clothes. I went down stairs and Liz and Ally just got in... with their boyfriends...still shirtless.
"You know, I bet there is a place where you guys can make out. Yeah, it's called your house. Why don't you go there," I asked a little ticked off.
"Clam down. I think we are done considering-"
"I don't want to know!!" I shouted interrupting Austin, while plugging my ears. "Ally, Liz, can I talk to you in the kitchen?" They walk to the kitchen then hop up on the island while taking an apple from behind them. "Okay, so when I left the mall, I came back here to say bye to Jake. Well, he kissed me on the forehead," they started to get all happy and have a Feelz attack. "He left, and I went up to my room to get my phone. A blocked number called me and the person said that they saw what I did and said that they were going to take me off my "pretty little pedestal." Weird right?" The girls eyes went wide and they nodded their heads.
"Have you told Jake," Liz asked.
"No. You guys are the first to hear. Oh, and our flight has been moved up to 6:30. Do you know if we're riding first class?"
"Don't try to change the subject," Ally shouts. "We need to tell your parents!"
"I'm taking care of it, but I mean do you guys know about the seating arrangements or what?"
"Yes, we are first class, but are you sure you can handle it," Liz ask.
I nod my head then grab some chips out of the top cabinet. "I should really not eat these considering we are going to the beach. Oh well!" I walk out of the kitchen to find two shirtless guys, sitting on my couch, watching a soccer game. Austin and Thomas are cheering a screaming, so I do what most girls would do. I stand in front of the TV.
"C'mon! Move Mel," Thomas says politely while trying to see around me.
"Nope," I saw shortly.
"Fine," Thomas and Austin says while getting up. Austin picks me up by my arms and Thomas grabs me by my feet. "You want to move now?" They both ask.
"Yes! Just set me down!!" They start swinging me and then throw me onto the couch. I landed with an thud as my head hit the arm rest. "Ouch!"
The guys laugh as I get up off the couch and they sit back down. We all sit and watch the soccer game until it's over and then we put in The Hunger Games and watched that until about 5:15 and that's when all of our parents came home and Austin and Thomas had to leave...still shirtless. I have no clue if those boys even own shirts.
"Now, you all that you can't be partying every night," Liz's mom said.
"Or be hooking up with boys," Ally's dad said sternly.
"We are going to go take your bags out and put them in one car, and then you girls get into another car, and we will meet you at the Airport. Got it?" My mom asked. We nod our heads and we split up. I get into my Ferrari, which I parked in the garage, and the girls decided to ride with me.
"This is going to be amazing," I exclaim turning on the car. I pull out of the driveway and start off to the Airport with only a few people following me, which I easily lose them.
~At the Airport.~
We all have our bags by us and we quickly get threw Baggage check and all of the other stuff. I kiss my parents goodbye and so does Ally and Liz. Tears in everyone's eyes we separate and we go to sit by our gate. Not long after I get back from the store together some magazines, we are called to load. We take our seats and I plug my music drifting off to sleep, Liz and Ally, well they just fall asleep reading a magazine.
~L.A. Airport.~
"Yes. We are here," we all say to our parents on our phones. "Love you too," we all say again at the same time. "Bye."
Ally and Liz call their boyfriends and tell them that they are okay while I find us our ride Jake's parents said they would send. I finally see an guy a couple years older than us, holding a sign that had our names on it. Ally and Liz hang up then follow me over to him while dragging their 3 bags. I was smart and only brought one and a carryon.
"You must be Mel, Liz, and Ally," the guy spoke. "My name is James. I am taking you to Jake's house. Please, this way." He leads us to his car and loads up our bags.
"Thank you," I say.
"No problem. It's my job," James replays smiling. We crawl into the car with James in the front and us girls in the back. "You are really going to like Jake's house. He's not home yet, but one of the neighbors will let you in and show you around."
The rest of the ride was silent, except for the part where Ally kept saying how hot James was in a group text message.
"You guys are really quiet back there,"James says as he turns a corner.
"Just looking at the scenery," Liz says.
"Yeah. I really like what's in the front seat," Ally whispers to us. I covered up a laugh, but I couldn't help Liz. She just busted out laughing and snorting. Luckily we pulled up to a huge house before James could ask any questions. I scrambled out of the car, still half laughing, to get our bags. I looked up at James and I started to see what Ally was talking about. His black hair covering his forehead, his sparkling brown eyes, amazing tan, and he had a lot of muscle, that was what Ally liked in guys.
"Are you checking me out," he asked with a smirk.
"No. I was just waiting for my bags," I answered back trying to lie.
"You're very good at lying. Well, here are your bags."
"Thank you."
"James!" Someone behind me calls. I turn around and I am met with Ashton Meter running up yo us. Like Jake, most girls wanted him. He was cute, but I didn't really like him like most girls. I mainly like Theo James or Ansel Elgort. Ashton is pretty hot. His blonde hair flipped up, but not a cliff. Like most Hollywood boys, he was gorgeously tan and muscular. Most girls "get lost in his dreamy blue eyes" quoted by Ally. Ally! Oh my God! She will freak once she sees him!
"Hey," James says nodding his head like most guys do.
"You must be Melody," he says looking towards me.
"Yeah. Can you give me a second?" I ask. "Oh and by the way you guys might want to plug your ears." I walk to the front of the car where Ally and Liz sit still talking and laughing. "Liz, plug your ears. Ally, Ashton Meter is here." I plug my ears. Ally screamed at the top of her lungs, pushed the door that I was by open, which made me fall on my butt, and tackled Ashton to the ground all while still screaming at the top of her lungs. There isn't a doubt in my mind that I am going deaf because of her screaming. I got up and helped James pry Ally off of Ashton. "Sorry. I should have told you to run instead."
Ashton got up and dusted himself off and looked at Ally. Her screams are wreaking, but she is still screaming. I walk up to her and smack her across the face leaving a red handprint on her face. She stopped screaming and looked at me.
"What the hell?!" She screamed.
"You almost killed Ashton. And that was the only way I know that gets you to stop screaming." Liz got out of the car and started laughing.
"Ally," Liz started, "I think you woke up all of Hollywood."
"I wouldn't be shocked," Ashton says in his deep voice. "Shall we go in?"
"Wait, you are Jake's neighbor?!" Ally asked with her eyes bulging out of her head.
"Yes," We all said at the same time. Ashton walked us to the door and unlocked it with the key that was taped under a chair by the door. Smart.
"Your rooms are on the 3rd floor. You each have a personal bathroom. The kitchen is over there," he said pointing to a set of double doors that probably lead to the kitchen. "Living room is over here," he pointed to a section that had two sets of couches and a flat screen on the wall above a stone fire place. "Jake has a basement, and that's where the gym is. The second floor is the practice room, which is basically a dance room/music for his cousins when they visit. On the third floor is the library and computers. Now, on the fourth floor, there is the game room, that's where you will mainly find us. The fifth floor is Jake's and his parent's room. Don't go up there unless you are looking for Jake. Any questions?"
"Yeah, is there an elevator," I ask sounding lazy.
"Yes, it's over by the stairs over there," he said pointing to the stairs by the TV.
I through the glass door straight across from me. In Jake's back yard was a pool and a hot tub. I don't think I will ever get used to this place. "Go ahead and go to your rooms to unpack or whatever. I will be in the game room if you need me. Peace!"
Ally practically fainted when he walked past her. James followed Ashton up to the game room and I think Ally might have a restraining order by the morning.
"I'm unpacking the going to the practice room. See ya," I say while dragging my bags to the elevator. The elevator opens and I walk in with my bags then press the 3rd floor button. I lean against the wall for support just in case I faint from the shock of being her. The elevator bongs and then the doors open. I walk down the long hallway and take the last room at the hall. When I walked in I was greatest with the smell of Lavender. The walks were a light shade of cream The bed was a King size with a purple comforter and pillows, it had a TV in front of it, a bookshelf full of books, a black couch, a walk in closet, a personal bathroom, and a glass sliding door that I bet leads to the balcony. I put my suit cases on my bed and walk out and back to the elevator. By the time I get there, Ally and Liz are just getting off.
"Which room did you take," Liz asked.
"The last one, when you get done, meet me in the practice room," I reply. They nod their heads and head towards the end of the hall. I find the stairs and climb down to the second floor.
My jaw probably dropped to the floor. This floor had everything. I was greeted with a wooden dance floor that was probably as big as the living room. There was a long mirror that lined the one of the walls. Speakers were in the corners and I saw a thing of music equipment in one corner. There was a set of double doors at the end. The door got the best of me and I started to go over there. Half way there I started to dance around the room to the door. I let the music that was playing in my head guide me across the room. When I got close enough to the doors, I open up one of them and I know that this is the room that I will spend most of my time in. It is a music room. The walls were lined with instruments, a piano was over in one of the corners, and in another corner, was a sound booth. This was the best music room I had ever seen! I felt like a little kid in a candy shop. I ran over to the piano and sat on the bench. My fingers ran over the keys, and I knew I just had to play a song. Liz and Ally are probably going to take their time, so I will have at least a solid 30 minutes. At first I didn't know what I was going to play, but my fingers decided for me. Before I knew it, I was singing along to the song.
"Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same
When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name