XXI

Shayne

I sat on my bed smoking my fifth blunt of the night trying to figure shit out.

The person that set me up had to be someone who has access to my house or knows how to get in.

And they had to know about how my dad wanted Micheal killed.

I thought about all the people that I was surrounded with on day to day bases and to think that any one of them would do something this shady made my blood boil.

But before I react I had to think about my little girl and how all of my decisions affected her.

At the same time I wanted to let whoever did this know that they couldn’t fuck with me.

I looked over at Mariah’s side of the bed and shook my head.

She’s so quick to leave when I get sent away I wonder what she would’ve did if I was found guilty.

The thoughts of that made me realize that Mariah was technically the only person that has access twenty-four seven to my place because I gave her her own set of keys.

I looked at the time on my phone and realized that it was three o’clock in the morning.

I stood up readjusting my True Religion jeans and grabbing my keys off my nightstand.

I walked out of my condo heading towards Mariah’s mom’s house not caring about what time it was.

When I pulled up in front of her house I texted her telling her to come outside.

After five minutes I saw a few lights turn on in the house and then I saw the front door open.

I opened my door and got out making my way up the walk way as she made her way down.

Mariah had the biggest smile on her face. “Shayne when did you—“

She was interrupted when I grabbed her by her collar and started to shake her.

“Who the fuck did you let into my motherfuckin house” I yelled in her face.

She looked shocked to see me doing what I was doing but I was tired of giving everyone the benefit of the doubt.

It was time to get to the bottom of everything.

“Shayne I didn’t let anyone in your house, I swear” She cried.

“I’m done playing games with you Mariah” I shook her some more. “Tell me who the fuck you let in my house”

“I didn’t let anyone in” She sobbed. “I promise”