The Art of Mending Memories 26

*Warning* I have writers block so this is a really bad chapter

The Art of Mending Memories

Chapter 26

"That was the best homecoming ever," Sophie stated, taking a bite of cookie.

Kara mumbled an agreement around the cookie in her mouth.

Sophie, Kara, Cassy and I had all gone back to Kara's house after the dance. As a tradition, we always ate cookies and had a sleepover at Kara's house after the dance.

"It's the only homecoming I've ever been to, but it's hard to imagine a better one," Cassy concurred quietly, blushing into her lap.

"So things with Peter turned out well?" I inquired.

Cassy bit her lip, the corners turning up into a smile. She giggles. "Yeah. He's so sweet."

The rest of us cracked up laughing at her. Cassy's blush deepened.

"He's a keeper," I told her with a wink. I turned to Kara. "Did Mr. Blondie finally ask for a dance?" I asked, referring to Kyle.

Kara sighed. "No. He just glared at Jean-Paul. I even dropped hints when we were talking. At one point, I could have sworn her was going to, but he didn't." Kara frowned regrettably. "Whatever, I still had fun."

I had a feeling that Kyle would have liked to dance with her, but something was preventing him. I found it hard to believe he had been given an order against his wishes.

"Something tells me Kaelyn had the most fun," Sophie said suggestively, wiggling her eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes.

"Why do you say that?" Kara asked.

"You didn't see them?" Cassy gasped in shock, dropping the cookie in her hand onto her lap.

"What did I miss?" Kara yelled.

"Nothing," I said quickly.

"Only the cutest couple in the class," Sophie answered, ignoring me along with everyone else.

Kara gasped. "Did I seriously miss you and Aaron dancing? Damn it! I was watching you all the time and you only danced with Paul and Cam!"

"Did you see Cam's goodnight kiss?" Sophie taunted.

"What?" Kara and Cassy exclaimed together, as three pairs of eyes turned toward me.

I buried my bright red face in my hands.

"Oh my god," Kara whispered.

"This isn't good," Cassy warned softly.

"It was nothing," I said into my palms.

"That's not what Aaron seemed to think," Sophie said out of the corner of her mouth.

"Didi you spend the whole time watching me?" I demanded to know, lifting my head slightly to stare at Sophie, who was obviously trying very hard not to smile.

"Not the whole time," she replied innocently.

I frowned at her.

"Well it's not like you would tell me about it!" She defended.

"Because there is nothing for me to tell you!" I countered. "We danced, we said goodbye, we left."

"Which is exactly why I had to watch! Otherwise I would never know what happened."

"What happed?"Kara yelled impatiently.

Sophie took a deep breath and delved into a narration of the last few minutes of homecoming while I buried my burning face deeply into my arms.