15

Di ko maintindihan pero ang saya saya ng puso ko. This is the first decent conversation we ever had. Gustong kumawala ng puso ko sa ribcage niya. He's such a gentleman.

"You left the fashion industry all of a sudden. You jumped in this business without second thoughts. Tell me Cara, am I the reason..?" His eyes are scrutinizing me.

"I-im n-not good with lying Braxton." tumango ako sabay baba ng tingin.

"you shouldnt have done that"

"Eh kasi, sooner or later din naman, I have to take over my shares sa buong corporation namin. It's just me and my brother so end of the day whether I like or not, dito rin naman ang bagsak ko. I'm  turning 28 now and time is tickling. I might not have much time to prepare. So better yet, umpisahan ko na ring mag hands on, and this project is the best one to start with."

"...be grateful of your life. Not everyone is born as lucky as your self." he siged.... nakikinig lang ako sa kanya. "my life is so different from yours. Namulat ako sa bahay ampunan. At a young age I was molested and sold to different syndicates. I was already 16 when I was saved from the hell that I was at. Akala ko, yun na ang buhay ko hanggang sa tumanda ako, ang mangutong at gamitan ng mga matrona at bakla sa murang edad."

I was totally speechless sa lahat ng revelations niya.... pero hindi ako nandiri...gusto ko siyang yakapin. Ang lalaking hinahangaan ko ay ganun ang karanasan sa buhay... hanggang sa nag pa tuloy siya.

"I was lucky ng may mag hanap sa aking abogada. I was a minor still when she found me. Namatay pala ang mga magulang ko in an accident when I was 4 years old. Nang mahulog sa bangin ang sinasakyan nila at sumabog, everybody was thinking na kasama akong sumabog.. my dads lawyer is the same time his best friend. She dreamed of my dad telling her that his son is alive. So, pina imbestigahan niya ulit ang aksidenting yun, to make the long story short she found me. She was eveything I got, I fell in love with her....Shes 18 years older than I am. Pero iniwan nya rin ako. She died of Cancer and.... my heart died with her..." sabay turo sa puso niya.

"...I'm telling you this Cara because I want you to know that my heart has been 6 feet under the ground for 3 years now.I can never love again..." tumingin siya sa dagat na ang lungkot2x ng mga mata...

"sorry to hear your story Braxton, but...youre still alive and you are because you still have a purpose. Braxton...im offering my self. You can use me to move on....pls use me..."

Natahimik siya at parang naguguluhang nakatitig sa akin. Bigla siyang tumayo. Kahit sa sarili ko, hindi ko alam kong saan ko nahugot yun. But I know deep inside, its everything I want.

I heard him sigh.

"..Let's go get dinner, Its past 5..." at inilahad sa akin ang kamay niya, pag katayo ko ay binitiwan niya agad ang kamay ko. I wish he never let go of my hand. Tinahak namin ang daan pabalik ng resort na walang imikan.

I was contemplating. Sa lahat ng nalaman ko, hindi ko ma paliwanag pero mas lalong namuo ang paghanga ko sa kanya, how he managed to survive a life like that... He don't know how strong he is. I want to be his knight and shining Armour. I want to save him and his heart from the the imprisonment of the past.. I want to let him see that there is so much more in life. I want to be his fortress.. This is the first time in my life that I felt this urge give in wholeheartedly.