V Is For Videogames

Lance's P.O.V.
I've been feeling really annoyed lately, it seems like there's nothing I can beat Keith in. He's stronger, faster and smarter than me and I can't seem to match up to him. I just need to figure out something that he will never win in.

"What's something I can beat Keith in?" I ask

"Have you tried hand to hand combat, shooting, board games?" Hunk asks mixing a bowl of food

"Yes, yes and yes." I sigh "He beat me in arm wrestling, making sandwiches, taking out enemies and flying as well."

"You know I support you buddy, but why are you so determined to bear him and be his rival?" Hunk asks, taking a quick glance behind me but I pay no mind

"I just want to impress him I guess." I explain "I also want to prove to the rest of the team I'm worthy to be a paladin."

"Impress Keith? Why?" Hunk asks looking behind me again and this time I turn around but no one is there "Sorry just day dreaming."

"All good buddy." I chuckle "I don't know why I want to impress him, just every time I see him he is so great and I want to prove I'm worthy to be with him."

"Lance do you have a crush on Keith?" Hunk asks

"Ugh I think I do." I say slamming my head against the counter "There's no way I'd have a chance, not until I can prove to him I'm more than just a 'cargo pilot'."

"Don't talk bad about yourself Lance, Keith might like you as well." Hunk replies "It'll be like the romance story in one of your video games."

"Video games!" I shout in realisation "I can beat him in video games! Thank you so much Hunk."

I quickly rush to my bedroom to get the gaming console set up. There's no way I'll loose to to Keith, I can't loose to Keith. I play video games so much that I'm a pro.

Keith's P.O.V.
Lance rushed out of the room, completely missing me hiding behind the door. I can't believe Lance just admitted he liked me, he just admitted he liked me!

I'm over the moon with joy, this is amazing news. It also explains why he is always challenging me, he just wanted to impress me. But I'm already impressed with him. He is so much more than what he describes himself as.

He's funny, kind, handsome and brave. He puts himself before others and has saved so many of us. To me he isn't just a cargo pilot, he's a paladin of Voltron.

Hunk kept on sneaking looks at me throughout their whole conversation, I came in just as Lance started talking so I heard everything. Should I let him win at something so he thinks he impressed me? Actually I have a better idea...

"Keith?" I hear Hunk say "Sorry I kept glancing at you, you nearly got caught."

"It's ok." I say walking out from behind the door "You really helped me by asking those questions."

"What are you going to do?" Hunk asks

"Show Lance just how much he impresses me." I reply walking to the exit

"It's obvious you like him, the whole team's figured it out." Hunk says turning back to his mixing "So be careful with his heart, if you hurt him I'll shoot you into space."

"Thanks Hunk." I chuckle and walk out

Now all I have to do is wait for Lance to challenge me.

Lance's P.O.V.
I have my video game console all set up and the game is ready to play. Now I need to go find Keith to challenge him. I get up and walk out of my room, heading to the training room.